does this program work on mac?

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
1vidol

does this program work on mac?

Post by 1vidol »

just wondering if this program works on mac os cause when i downloaded it and tried to open the install adobe acrobat wouln't recognize it. maybe i just did it wrong. just wondering, thanks
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

unfortunately, it does not work on Mac.
Maybe under a windows emulator but i have never tried it,
Costas
deitai

OS for "the Word"

Post by deitai »

What about Linux? Any coop plans with UbuntuCE? e-Sword works on Linux with Crossover.
Anyone tried Parallels with MAC? Virtual desktops are coming in this year which may make
a big difference in a lot of software. Thanks. :roll:
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I think that the latest UbuntuCE contains an installer for TheWord. It is reported to work.
Please, check the UbuntuCE latest edition,
Costas
core

Post by core »

Hello deitai,

Here's a similar article that might be of interest for you or people with similar questions. (http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?t=8 )

In Him,
Core
core

Re: does this program work on mac?

Post by core »

Hi,

I confirm the following. This is the way how to install The Word on a MAC. Use the "Emulator" CrossOver.

Installation went really smooth with CrossOver 9.2 and TW 3.2.0.1102 .

The only thing that is a bit slow is if you swap from let's say the Bible view to the Study view, it takes 1-2 seconds to change the corresponding toolbar.
Also, when you resize the window to full screen, it takes around 5 seconds.

Beyond that, the main menues (File, View, Tools, Window, Help) and the "Verse Reference (F4)" feature as well as the "Search" feature are really fast. Also - very important - the hyperlinks (cross references) within the text show up really fast - No difference to TW without Emulator.

At first sight creating modules seem to be a piece of cake too. No difference to the windows version.

In Him,
Cornelius