Downloads

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
mrjlb

Downloads

Post by mrjlb »

I installed wine on my mac laptop. When I installed The Word on my windows computer, I had no problems, and did not need a cd. Since I don't have a cd, does that mean I cannot find a free download of the Word program for mac. I did look, but could not find one. All the downloads are exe files and not dmg. As I said in a post yesterday, I am new at this and could use some help.
therapon

Re: Downloads

Post by therapon »

I'm not familiar with Mac but from what I've read it is quite similar to Linux. The purpose of Wine is to enable use of Windows programs (including installers) on Linux or Mac operating systems. To install TW on your Mac, you would do the same as you did for Windows - same program and module downloads, then double-click (I think) on the file to run it. Wine should handle execution of the files, put them in the right place, and probably put a link to the program someplace - menu or desktop. Hope this helps.

therapon

ps. There's a tutorial here (http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/), uses the command line quite a bit. I don't know if it's accurate or if there's a better way but might be helpful if you get stuck.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Downloads

Post by csterg »

i just want to add that people that have installed in MAC report that there was NOTHING special to do.
Just install and run
Costas