any one know what the fixme:font error is?

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
shane2peru2

any one know what the fixme:font error is?

Post by shane2peru2 »

I run TW on *buntu, and have run it for a long time with almost NO issues. It runs great. However I always get this error in terminal: fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW It is more of an annoyance than anything, as I don't seem to see any problems with functionality of TW, but was curious as to what this error is? Any ideas? And how can I fix it?

Shane
csterg
Site Admin

Re: any one know what the fixme:font error is?

Post by csterg »

shane2peru2 wrote:I run TW on *buntu, and have run it for a long time with almost NO issues. It runs great. However I always get this error in terminal: fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW It is more of an annoyance than anything, as I don't seem to see any problems with functionality of TW, but was curious as to what this error is? Any ideas? And how can I fix it?

Shane
This is a bug in wine...
theWord uses such a function for rendering text, something not fully implemented in wine,
Costas
shane2peru2

Post by shane2peru2 »

Thanks Costas! I was always wondering about that error.

Shane
MrQBerrt

Post by MrQBerrt »

I was getting this same error over and over again, to fix it I ran:
winetricks riched20 riched30
It seemed to be a rather large download, but it seems to have fixed the problem.
*EDIT* No it didn't, the problem is still there */EDIT*

Another problem I was having is that the GUI was appearing only very small in the top left of my screen. What seemed to be happening is that I had an effect in Mint's Cinnamon that would grow windows when they were first opened and the GUI would not open past a certain portion of this effect, leaving it small. Turning off effects in Cinnamon fixed my problem.

I don't know anything at all about Wine, but I leave these here in case they are helpful for anyone else.