Trouble with .exe files

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
Germs

Trouble with .exe files

Post by Germs »

I'm pretty new to Mac, but I've been getting along fine with it over the past month. I've been able to get theWord to work quite nicely on here with the help of Wine and from other comments on this board. But what I'm having a problem with is .exe files. I can't open them at all. I double-click the file and theWord and X11 open up, but that specific .exe file doesn't come up. It's in the same folder as the other .twm files, and they work just fine.

I know .exe files don't work on Mac without some kind of Windows emulator, but I thought they should work with Wine. I haven't seen anybody else talking about this. Is this an issue for anyone else, or is it just me? Also, if you have any, could you give me some advice on how to fix it?

Thank you,
S. Robinson
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with .exe files

Post by csterg »

If you are referring to modules, use the 'theWord modules installer' that is installed with the MAC package.
Else use (from a shell) 'wine file.exe'
Costas
Germs

Re: Trouble with .exe files

Post by Germs »

Thank you! I had forgotten all about theWord Module Installer because I only had to use it a few times. Once I put all the books in the right folder they all came up. So this may take a while longer, but I really appreciate it. Thank you.