Printing from TW in Wine

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Printing from TW in Wine

Post by csterg »

therapon wrote:It prints a plain text, no italics. Other font attributes are respected - family bold, underline, color, background, etc. - but not italics.
Can you post here such a simple rvf doc?
Create in tw, paste in Actinos, save as rvf and post here pls
Costas
therapon

Post by therapon »

Here it is. I also did similar over at the WINE forum to see what they come up with on the printing issue. Seems to be a separate problem from the charset one.
Attachments
therapon.rvf.zip
(656 Bytes) Downloaded 377 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

OK, we need to wait then
therapon

Post by therapon »

Just for info, I copied some problematic text from TW to ActionTest, changed to default script as Sergey described, and all was good when I copied back to TW. Now I just need to figure out how to deal with SHIFTJIS_CHARSET. I know one place it comes from is LibreOffice; I have no clue how or why, but I've tracked it down to that application. They've got a bug going (44529) that I think is related and I've added my comments to it.

The reason I use LibreOffice as an intermediate step in copying is that it helps preserve the formatting of text. I create sermon notes in TW, then eventually post them online in a Wordpress blog. The only way I've found to not lose all formatting (font, size, bold/italics, indents, etc.) is to paste to LO, then to ScribeFire. The same is true when copying text into TW if it has some formatting. Just going from browser or other application to TW drops all the formatting.