always running in the background

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
kentechy

always running in the background

Post by kentechy »

I run this program on my Ubuntu Linux computer under Wine. It works great but the always running in the background feature messes up my ability to click another running program button, on the taskbar, to get it to come to the forefront. I have to minimize "THEWORD" in order to get to my other running programs. This is a real irritation and a productivity killer as I spend many hours writing Bible studies and need to quickly go from one program to the other. I usually use the Alt-Tab short cut keys command for this but it will not work with THEWORD running.

Can this program be started in a different mode or this background feature be turned off? I see no way to fix it in the options.

I have not installed it in Windows because I rarely use it so I don't know if it acts the same way there or not.

I have been using Esword for years and love it but it is getting more difficult to install in the newer Linux versions. That is why I am trying THEWORD. I like it a lot but hope to fix this issue. Help!!

God Bless, :D
Kentechy
mathetes

Re: always running in the background

Post by mathetes »

I'm running ubuntu with the kde UI but I never tried to minimize theWord to the taskbar before. When I minimized it to the taskbar I couldn't get it to restore at all. I had to kill the process. There is another windows program that I minimize/close to the taskbar to keep it from exiting completely when I hit the close button and it works normally. The minimize to taskbar mode can be turned off under File-Preferences.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: always running in the background

Post by csterg »

Also, try to see how it behaves if you turn off custom window border (View->Skin->Use skinned window border)
Costas