does not unlock bibles..

..\theWord\Bibles\nasb.ontx

does..

Thanks Costas!

The Word 4 is AWESOME ! !
Carlos.
Carlos,
for the NASB: don't just copy the .ontx module,
re-install the whole .exe package: use the link you got from the activation email,
Costas
bnsalvador

Re: theWord 4 is out

Post by bnsalvador »

Yes, it is probably the best program of the Bible (not just among the freeware). We thank Costas of its work and the Lord has given you the strength, time and intelligence to do so.
As far as I'm concerned, I see two major improvements over the previous version and I enumerate here.
- In verses copying options, one begins to distinguish between copying a single verse and copying a set of verses, long way to go, but these improvements are implemented quite important, for we have to use these functions to often.
- The abbreviations in Spanish are improved, as had previously confusion with abbreviations books: Judges, Jonas, Judas and John and partly between Philippians and Philemon (default came the second, when it is much used the first)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

At some point, the CopyVerses dialog will be enhanced to allow for finer setup of different cases as this seems to be a much requested feature
Pasi

Post by Pasi »

Best free of a charge Biblesofware available.
Carlton

Post by Carlton »

Hello, thanks for the new version, how do I get JND translation on the new version? Can I import it from the old version?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello and welcome,
you don't need to import anything from the old version when you upgrade, all your modules will be there.
Costas
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

TW4 use very old version sqlite3.dll (2009) but worked with latest version http://www.sqlite.org/download.html
http://www.sqlite.org/changes.html
rpmorrison

Post by rpmorrison »

csterg wrote:At some point, the CopyVerses dialog will be enhanced to allow for finer setup of different cases as this seems to be a much requested feature
Costas, I would agree with this point. I appreciate all that one can do with the copy function. However I would love it if I could control the copy function so that I can have just the book and chapter (also ability to have the translation or not) on the first line and then just the verse #'s before each new verse. Of course then give the option of new line for each verse or paragraph for each verse. That is what I would enjoy seeing.

Thank you again for you labors on The Word. I use it often especially in my Sunday School preparation for our high school class which I do about every 4 weeks. I have been using The Word for several years now.

Rob
JG

Post by JG »

Isn't this format available with predefined format 10(or a custom format in step 4:) and in step 3: Show header checked (with or without translation placeholder)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rpmorrison

Post by rpmorrison »

JG wrote:Isn't this format available with predefined format 10(or a custom format in step 4:) and in step 3: Show header checked (with or without translation placeholder)
JG you are right. I thought that I tried all of them but I obviously missed this one. Thanks

This is what I would like to see where you would get the ref of the book and chapter on the same line and then all the references would be bold. see example below:

Prov 6:23; For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching is light; And reproofs for discipline are the way of life 24 To keep you from the evil woman, From the smooth tongue of the adulteress. 25 Do not desire her beauty in your heart, Nor let her capture you with her eyelids. 26 For on account of a harlot one is reduced to a loaf of bread, And an adulteress hunts for the precious life.

Do you know if this is possible?

This is an edit to this as well. I found that format 10 only gives the book and chapter if you are copying the first verse in that chapter. Otherwise it only gives the verse references without the chapter and the book.
JG

Post by JG »

I think this is where an enhancement would be needed.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

You can already do that:
1. Choose format number 10
2. Set the header to "%b %c:"
3. Click the 'Advanced options' button on the bottom-right and play with the relevant font size to get them as you want.

Costas
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

csterg wrote:You can already do that:
3. Click the 'Advanced options' button on the bottom-right and play with the relevant font size to get them as you want.

Costas
But this doesn't work well if you often copy verse references from other book views using "Copy and paste to editor" because the header isn't copied, so you just end up with the verse number before each verse, but not the book and chapter before.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Jeff wrote:
csterg wrote:You can already do that:

Costas
But this doesn't work well if you often copy verse references from other book views using "Copy and paste to editor" because the header isn't copied, so you just end up with the verse number before each verse, but not the book and chapter before.
This is true, although it is not very difficult to press: F5+ENTER to copy, and then CTRL+V to paste.

The real solution will come when, in a future version, you will be able to select the format you want for each different function. There is no other way to solve this problem. At this moment, you can only select a format that is used for all functions.
Costas
godlovesdavid

Post by godlovesdavid »

Thanks very much for this free software. I have used it for about 3 years now and it has been so very helpful in my Bible studies. I've used it more than any other Bible software, and gained most out of this one software (and its add-ons) than any other tool for Bible research. Thanks for making it free rather than requiring a fee. Thanks for adding many modules and many versions of the Bible so that it is very useful. It being customizable makes it easy for me to make my own translation of the Bible without much hassle. Thanks for all the hard work put into this, Costas and other theWord codewriters. And also thanks for accepting suggestions from community members.