Windows-based tablet?

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
mistocrente

Re: Windows-based tablet?

Post by mistocrente »

Hi, Costas
First, sorry for my English, ok? hehe

Congratulations for your nice work in TW... it's the better free bible software that I know (I know a lot) and I think the only paid bs that compare to yours is BW (too expensive). You did a really great work and gave us for free. Simply amazing.

Returning to the post... a thing to think: if TW for WindowsRT (iOS, Android) turn the bible app's more than bible readers... there is some limitations in tablets that (i think) make impossible to develop a complete research bible software like TW, but I'm thinking in a intermediate research bible software... doing more than "compare versions"... showing strong and grammar, by clicking words or sentences...

as stated above, tablets are more present in market today... and this market is growing...

a last thing: in Brazil a lot of pastors are using tablets on the pulpit, using bible softwares or ppt viewers.

God bless u a lot
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you for your kind post.
I always have in my mind such a development but nothing concrete in my plans yet.
Costas
engellion

Post by engellion »

Hi Costs,

With the release of Windows 10 just around the corner, is there any plans to develop theWord as a Universal App?

With the Continuum concept built into Windows 10, I see the strategy of Microsoft to have developers "write once, run any where" becoming a reality.

This gives potential for theWord to be more tablet/touch friendly.

What are your thoughts on this?

Blessings,
Paul
PaulC

Check out YouTube for theWord Bible Software Tutorial Series 1
A series of introductory video tutorials for theWord Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Microsoft, and others, have been dreaming about 'write once, run anywhere' for decades... I think we have some time ahead of us for such a 'blessing' :)
Costas
engellion

Post by engellion »

csterg wrote:Microsoft, and others, have been dreaming about 'write once, run anywhere' for decades... I think we have some time ahead of us for such a 'blessing' :)
Costas
Yes, but I am thinking in relation to devices running Windows 10, from Desktop PCs, to Notebooks, to Tablets and Phones. With a Universal app, you could not only accommodate desktop users, but tablet users as well.

On my Surface Pro 3, I use theWord for research and sermon preparation with keyboard and mouse. But then I also preach from it in tablet mode. Now in the tablet mode, that is where we really need some touch friendly enhancements. Bigger icons for a start. Changing font size is a bit difficult on a high resolution touch screen. I do it using the plus/minus icons, but would like them to be bigger for touch interface.

This is where continuum and universal apps come into play. Removing keyboard and universal apps can adapt in their layout to the tablet mode. Increased icon size would be a start in the Word.

Anyhow, I know you are busy, but hope we get some improvement for touch screen devices. We've been discussing this for a couple of years now. Touch screen PC/tablets, particularly those running Windows 10, are only going to increase. Would love to see the Word adapt to this interface.

Blessings,
Paul
PaulC

Check out YouTube for theWord Bible Software Tutorial Series 1
A series of introductory video tutorials for theWord Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Paul, your comments are true. I have in my plans these enhancements.