theWord 4 for MAC

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
kirbside

Re: theWord 4 for MAC

Post by kirbside »

csterg wrote:Sorry, I do miss the point here
Csterg, I seek WTG on USB flash drive that will download directly to Macbook Pro without the necessity of Microsoft software. Have donation. Will travel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hm, I don't foresee an native port of theWord on MAC. And to be honest, the current solution is not that bad,
Costas
rdeur

Post by rdeur »

Hi Costas, thanks a lot for your great help doing avalaible TheWord 4 for Mac. I've been trying to work on the word as I used on my windows pc, but is not the same. I copied a list of verses from a search i did, and then tried to pasted on "microsoft word for mac" but it doesn't work at all. Is very important to be able to make that kind of pastes (at least for me) please there is some way to do it? and have the same problem listed before with the language, i've set the language in spanish and when i start the program switchs again to english (but it is not a big issue for me i can work with the english version).

Thanks again.
isjacob

Post by isjacob »

Rdeur, try to press [Ctrl]+[C] in theWord to copy and then press [Command]+[V] to paste in Word for Mac.
You may also use right-click and choose paste in Word for Mac.
B_D_Roth

Post by B_D_Roth »

I updated to theWord 4. I didn't see you did a package for it, but I installed from a package the last time you released one and Wine did a fine job of installing theWord 4 exe file and updating with no hiccups. Looks great and I LOVE the option for daily reading plans. That was honestly the ONLY thing theWord was lacking that other Bible software had.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to install new modules. You've got a couple new Bible versions out that I'd like to have but when I try to install through Wine (the same way I installed the update to tW4) it doesn't take for some reason. Am I missing something?

- Brian
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The new version has an integrated installer: File-> Install modules.
Just download the module you want and save it on your hard disk somewhere. Then open this dialog, click Browse and select the file and you are ready to go,
Costas
samoinat

Post by samoinat »

Working great for me on retina 10.8!

Thank you a lot!

God Bless you.
Eon Aitia

Post by Eon Aitia »

Good Day to everyone, i am a first time user of theWord 4 for Mac but previously using The Word with Windows.

I was able to successfully installed the software in my Mac but encountered some errors which was raised already in this forum, the bad thing is that i was not able to check this error first in this forum and did some trial and error, like deleting the folders, re install again. The solution i think for my initial problem was the install module but it is to late already, i may have did something wrong.

For me to completely re install the software, do i need to delete something as the the last error i encountered is that it did not complete launch after successfully installing it as shown in the picture. I assume that it tries to access a missing file that i may have deleted or change.

Need your help on this. Thanks and God Bless
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 2.19.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 2.19.37 PM.png (407.1 KiB) Viewed 6720 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Is the problem now that it will not launch at all?
Eon Aitia

Post by Eon Aitia »

csterg wrote:Is the problem now that it will not launch at all?
Thanks Costas for your reply, yes it did not launch at all.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

You can delete theWord from your MAC by deleting from Finder:
1. theWord application: Click on 'Applications' and then drag 'theWord.app' on the bin
2. theWord Wine prefix from your home directory: Click on your 'Name' on finder (the one with the 'Home' icon) and then on the right, Click on 'Library'->'Application Support'->'Wine'->'prefixes' and delete the folder 'theWord'.

NOTE: for the second operation, if you are using the latest version of OSX (10.8+), then the folder 'Library' will not be visible when you click on your 'Home' folder! (Apple hide it from casual users). Don't worry, there is a trick: once you click on the 'Home' icon, go to the menu and select 'Go'->'Go to Folder', in the dialog type 'Library' and click on 'Go', that's it. Now you are in the 'Library' folder and from there on you can navigate with your mouse

Costas
Eon Aitia

Post by Eon Aitia »

Thanks this solve my problem :lol: I was surprised by the tricks.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Eon Aitia wrote: I was surprised by the tricks.
Apples surprises everyone :)
spaintrek

Post by spaintrek »

Is there a way to make a pendrive-USB-only install of theWord 4 in MAC as in a Windows PC?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Never tried that, sorry