Newbie-help getting a module onto the iPad iBible app

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
JoGirl

Newbie-help getting a module onto the iPad iBible app

Post by JoGirl »

Hi,
I am brand new to theword software but have been using iBible since it was released. Just now I learned from the holybibleanswer.com website that it is possible to use your own modules in iBible. So, I downloaded theword software version onto my laptop in hopes of learning how to use a downloaded module that is in theword program through iTunes files sharing to hopefully get it on the iPad.

The module I want to use is the ABP Gr-English interlinear. I am having trouble determining if it will work. I am not able to find its module properties, no matter what I do. Even so, does someone know if this module is a good candidate for file sharing? If it is encrypted or otherwise and cannot be shared, then I will give up at this point. Any help for a newbie is appreciated. Thank you!
JG

Re: Newbie-help getting a module onto the iPad iBible app

Post by JG »

JoGirl wrote:Hi,
I am brand new to theword software but have been using iBible since it was released. Just now I learned from the holybibleanswer.com website that it is possible to use your own modules in iBible. So, I downloaded theword software version onto my laptop in hopes of learning how to use a downloaded module that is in theword program through iTunes files sharing to hopefully get it on the iPad.

The module I want to use is the ABP Gr-English interlinear. I am having trouble determining if it will work. I am not able to find its module properties, no matter what I do. Even so, does someone know if this module is a good candidate for file sharing? If it is encrypted or otherwise and cannot be shared, then I will give up at this point. Any help for a newbie is appreciated. Thank you!

I don't know what will be possible in the future, but at this point in time, encrypted theWord modules won't work. You can determine that the file is encrypted by looking at the extension. If it contains an 'x' then it is encrypted. [for Bible modules].
For other module types in the 'Book view' the requirements for them working is shown on the iBible site FAQ
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JoGirl

Post by JoGirl »

Thanks, Jon, for the explanation. It is too bad that it is not available on the iPad. I do use it to study but I am finding the modules that are most helpful to actually study the Word are encrypted and thus force me back to my laptop. I do not know what all goes into encrypting or un-encrypting but would hope that *the powers that be* would re-consider and find a way to make more modules capable of being used in iBible. It is an app that is worthy of support.
eliranwong

Post by eliranwong »

ABP "could" appear in iPad as below (one taken from iBible; another from PocketSword). If someone ask for permission to distribute, many may benefit from it anywhere with iPad.
Do not ask me for the files, I will not distribute. just give you some ideas what it look like in iPad. I myself paid money, purchasing full text from official website.
Attachments
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (162.15 KiB) Viewed 3914 times
photo 1.PNG
photo 1.PNG (156.31 KiB) Viewed 3914 times