Stack Overflow Error

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
therapon

Stack Overflow Error

Post by therapon »

TW 4.0.0.1402
Wine 1.7.14
Kubuntu 13.10

I have a handful of book/dictionary modules that are 150MB+ in size; beyond getting them from Josh Bond's WordModules.com site I have no idea of their provenance. Here's the problem: if one of those modules is open in a Book View and I start typing in the topic list dropdown, TW crashes (either exits instantly and completely or goes zombie). If I start TW from the command line, a message appears in the console that begins "err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1760 bytes in thread"...

I checked the database integrity of one module with sqlite3 and it found no errors. It doesn't seem to be related to my TW install. I did a fresh minimal USB install, copied one of the large modules over to the USB stick and got the same results.

Any ideas? Is it the module is just too big? the topic index too large? a Wine limitation? something else? Thanks for the help.

therapon
JG

Re: Stack Overflow Error

Post by JG »

Have you a link to the module that causes the crash, so we can repeat the issue.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

I turned on error reporting and so when the crash happened I was able to send a crash report to Costas. Hopefully this will be of some help in identifying the problem.
Windows does not have a problem with the same module.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I checked the error report and unfortunately the error does not appear to be happening within TW code. I cannot really say what the problem is.
I am taking a guess here: is it possible that these modules have topics with empty subjects?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

In Ubuntu I dnd all the topics to a new module and there is no problem. Does this help?
Also with the Church Fathers module, the last of the three from above post, there is no crash in Windows OS but when you type to the topic list the data spans the entire screen and there are no up/down gadgets visible.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

no, it doesn't help
JG

Post by JG »

I exported the topics table to a script, dropped the topics table, imported the script. The Module worked without a freeze or crash when typing a letter in the topics dropdown. I just typed a w previously and got a crash report.

Does this help?

[Edit] Perhaps I did something wrong with the export/import because it is missing an indexes item. Can't figure what I did wrong. But strange that it does work and does not crash.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

I noticed something else. The topic Master Index is now after the 5th node. However if you dnd so that it is at the top of these the error manifests again.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software