[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Clipboard Issue 

Post Clipboard Issue
Ok, have a strange one that is really frustrating. It's been around a while, I don't remember exactly how long. It was present on another computer (Kubuntu 14.04 32-bit) so I'm pretty sure it isn't something funny with my installation.

Present installation: Kubuntu 14.10 64-bit, Wine 1.7.34, theWord 4.0.0.1444. The clipboard works as expected with one major exception: pasting from certain non Windows apps into the text editor. If I copy a piece of text from Firefox, Thunderbird, chmSee, or GoldenDict, I cannot paste it into the TW editor. It will paste into any other place for input (search boxes, dropdown lists, etc) but not into the body of the editor unless I grab the text again from Klipper. RichViewActions demo editor works the same way. I just tried copying and pasting and here's the weird part: copy/paste with text from the subject line of this topic or text from the entry window where I'm typing now works! Copy/paste from elsewhere on the page (for example, "All times are UTC") does not work. Pretty frustrating when I need to copy something from a web page or email or whatever into TW.

Any ideas?
therapon

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]