Mac version will not open. Reinstalled several times.

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
RickySawatzky

Mac version will not open. Reinstalled several times.

Post by RickySawatzky »

Hi!

TheWord is the best Bible software I've ever used. On my windows it worked flawlessly. I switched to a Mac and can't get it to work. It seems the Mac forum where the download link is (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4520) needs to be updated. I can install it successfully but when I click on the icon, the window "preparing TheWord" (screenshot attached) pops up for half a second and then disappears.

I've tried reinstalling it several times, sometimes I've tried installing Xquartz and Winseskin first and only twice has it actually run the program, but just as I get all my settings in place and modules downloaded it quits working.

Please help.

Thanks
Attachments
The Word.png
The Word.png (47.93 KiB) Viewed 4879 times
jkokenzie777

Re: Mac version will not open. Reinstalled several times.

Post by jkokenzie777 »

I have the same issue. Have you discovered a workaround?

Thanks!
csbrown

Post by csbrown »

Have you tried using PlayOnMac https://www.playonmac.com/en/
It is a packaged version of wine that emulates MS Windows on a Mac.

I was running theWord under wine, but a recent upgrade stopped it working.
Today, I have installed PlayOnMac, then installed theWord 5.0.0.1450 inside PlayOnMac and it is working very well.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I am not a MAC expert, but i took a look at playonmac and it seems that one can submit a script (they call it) in order for a program to be readily available to be installed from within playonmac.
Is there someone here with the knowledge on how to do that?
If yes, then people with a MAC will be able to install theWord on their MAC with a click of a button
Thanks,
Costas