Automatic Bible Verse Recognition in Spanish

Discussions in Spanish

Moderator: davidcoxmex

panieee

Automatic Bible Verse Recognition in Spanish

Post by panieee »

I would like to see the automatic Bible verse recognition "engine" updated for Spanish. I am really surprised that no one else has brought this up. I think that this would be an easy change and it would really save Spanish users literally hundreds of hours. The main culprit I have found is "Jue" is the standard abbreviation for the book of "Jueces" (Judges), but the Word always mistakes it for "Judas" (Jude), whose abbreviation should be "Jud".

Another difficulty is that the standard abbreviation for 1 and 2 Reyes is 1 R and 2 R, but The Word doesn’t recognize those abbreviations. The same is true for 1 and 2 Samuel (1 S and 2 S) as well as 1 and 2 Pedro (1 P and 2 P). If the automatic Bible verse recognition “engine” could be updated to use the abbreviations shown in the Bible Tree (which are the standard ones used in Spanish), these problems would all be eliminated.

Trying to go back and fix all of these abbreviations manually has been a lot more work for me than I would like to admit. The automatic Bible verse recognition feature is a GREAT TIME SAVER, but not if it gives back incorrect or incomplete results. I really hope this is a quick-fix and can be addressed immediately.

Thanks.
davidcoxmex

Re: Automatic Bible Verse Recognition in Spanish

Post by davidcoxmex »

First of all, thanks for posting in the Spanish forum. Your post probably should be in Spanish though. Anyway.

There is a way to modify how TheWord identifies the abbreviations. Costas wrote me about this before, and I will try to find the email he sent me and post it here in a day or two, or I will write him again. It is a tweak that will make that work. In the meantime, just use English abbreviations because TheWord will interprete it and transform it into Spanish abbreviations. Neat.

When I find the email, I will post here again. Please check back.
In Christ,
Pastor David Cox
davidcox (at sign) davidcox.com.mx
JG

Post by JG »

Perhaps it would be good to continue this post in the English forum? and lock this post?
viewtopic.php?p=19811#p19811
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
panieee

Post by panieee »

Está bien. That's fine. I pretty much got my answers the other day. Although I'd really like to see the changes I mentioned implemented.
JG

Post by JG »

I left a proposal for Costas to consider on the other thread, so lets wait for his thoughts there.
Please now place comments on the other topic in the English forum.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
davidcoxmex

Post by davidcoxmex »

Hi,

I wrote Costas about this about 2 years ago, and I have since lost the email. I will write him again and try to remember to post it now.

Basically you fix this by editing the Spanish.lng file. If you open that file, you will see towards the end of that file the aliases, and you will need to change one of those lines to fix this. I am not sure but I just opened TW and typed Jud 1:1, and it tool tipped Jueces 1:1, so I am not sure if Costas already fixed this or what.

I will try to get a solution and post it back here and on my website.

David Cox
In Christ,
Pastor David Cox
davidcox (at sign) davidcox.com.mx
edil

Post by edil »

No se si exactamente es lo que el usuario original esta preguntando pero esta es la respuesta que obtuve de Costas hace un tiempo atras:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1858