Quick edit help!

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
Skip_a_roo

Quick edit help!

Post by Skip_a_roo »

I am a novice in editing a module. I have one and the links in 1 Corinthians all link to 1 Chronicles.

The text I see looks like this: (1Cr 9:1)

If I click near it and cursor in to the link I can insert an "o" and do an autodetect. After that the link will be associated with 1 Corinthians like it should.

I know I can right click and use the "Hyperlink text" function too but is there a faster/better way to do what I am doing?

Thanks for your help, in advance of course! :lol:
preahkumpii

Post by preahkumpii »

Unless you have a knowledge of sqlite files, it may be difficult to do what you want (it may not be possible even with sqlite editing; I am not too familiar with it). One workaround may be to do a search for the exact phrase 1Cr in the Book Search View for only that module, and change those references to 1Cor. This, of course, still involves manual labor, but it would be quicker than looking for every instance.
Adam
Skip_a_roo

Post by Skip_a_roo »

Adam,
That would have been great to realize about an hour ago! I have the task completed and know how to do it should I run into other links that are not right. I did do as you suggested afterward though and found one link I missed.

Thanks for the help, friend!
JG

Re: Quick edit help!

Post by JG »

Skip_a_roo wrote:I am a novice in editing a module. I have one and the links in 1 Corinthians all link to 1 Chronicles.

The text I see looks like this: (1Cr 9:1)

If I click near it and cursor in to the link I can insert an "o" and do an autodetect. After that the link will be associated with 1 Corinthians like it should.

I know I can right click and use the "Hyperlink text" function too but is there a faster/better way to do what I am doing?

Thanks for your help, in advance of course! :lol:
Hi, was this an official module? Which one?

Jon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I am sure you refer to the Chuck Smith commentary.
This issue has been fixed. If you get the new version of the commentary it will be correct.
Moreover, the latest build has this issue fixed properly (it is one of the small issues i fixed in 3.0.4 ver).
So a plain 'Detect-all' should do the trick without any manual intervention,
Costas
Skip_a_roo

Post by Skip_a_roo »

Costas,
Yes, it is the Chuck Smith commentary. I downloaded mine awhile ago. I have the problem fixed and it was a good learning experience for me. Maybe I will build my own module in the future!

I have one other issue too. I went to get a "new" module and couldn't find it on the official site. I don't think it is an official module but don't remember where I got it from! "Old timers" I guess! ;)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Skip_a_roo wrote: I have one other issue too. I went to get a "new" module and couldn't find it on the official site. I don't think it is an official module but don't remember where I got it from! "Old timers" I guess! ;)
Tell me which one.
With the new site, i took off some mods until i fixed them properly.
So it is possible that temporarily some are missing,
Costas
Skip_a_roo

Post by Skip_a_roo »

csterg wrote:
Skip_a_roo wrote: I have one other issue too. I went to get a "new" module and couldn't find it on the official site. I don't think it is an official module but don't remember where I got it from! "Old timers" I guess! ;)
Tell me which one.
With the new site, i took off some mods until i fixed them properly.
So it is possible that temporarily some are missing,
Costas
Costas,
If you don't mind, I would like to try my hand at editing a module and then posting it. I would assume that you are WAY TOO busy to mess with this one module. I can send it to you after I get it fixed!

Let me know,
Skip
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Skip_a_roo wrote: Costas,
If you don't mind, I would like to try my hand at editing a module and then posting it. I would assume that you are WAY TOO busy to mess with this one module. I can send it to you after I get it fixed!

Let me know,
Skip
OK, no prob
Teksun

Post by Teksun »

I do a ctrl/A, ctrl/c to copy the entire page. Create an new doc in Open Office and ctrl/v. Then find and replace (whole word only, match case) and replace 1 Cr with 1 Corinthians. Copy and paste back into TW.

Maybe not the best way but that is how I do it.
Ezra 7:10
לִדְרֹ֛ושׁ To Study/Follow
וְלַעֲשֹׂ֑ת and to do
וּלְלַמֵּ֥ד and to teach
Tyndale Theological Seminary & Biblical Institute
preahkumpii

Post by preahkumpii »

I have found a small program that has been very useful in many functions where repetitive tasks have to be done. It requires no scripting or programming knowledge. It is called MacroMaker. You basically make a macro that can control the keyboard, mouse, and various aspects of the OS. It is easy to do. It has saved me hours and hours of manual labor. Basically anything that you can do with your computer, you can make this program do. I have worked with modules using it. You do have to put some thought into the easiest way to do things before you make the macro. Usually, keyboard shortcuts are fastest. Here is the MacroMaker homepage.
Adam