Floating Bible windows

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
paul1149

Floating Bible windows

Post by paul1149 »

My newest trick is pretty simple, but effective. I have my basic view of several Bible, dictionary, and commentary views. But I also have two big floating Bible windows. I drag them mostly offscreen when not in use. Then when I want to do some undisturbed reading with a lot of visual context I'll drag out the long, one-column window. And when I want to do detailed verse-by-verse comparison work I'll drag out the wide window with Compare view.

Very nice, but I just discovered one problem. The Bible mark-up tool bar does not work on floating windows. Maybe this is good, as it will prevent me from marking up all over the place? :)
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Floating Bible windows

Post by csterg »

paul1149 wrote:The Bible mark-up tool bar does not work on floating windows. Maybe this is good, as it will prevent me from marking up all over the place? :)
Are you sure? I cannot repeat this; it seems to work here. Others?
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

csterg wrote:Are you sure? I cannot repeat this; it seems to work here. Others?
Neither can I, now! I must have been in Compare View; can't see any other reason this would be. Thanks once again.

Now to an important, related matter. I propose we add another Smilie to the forum's armamentarium, depicting someone totally clueless!

Blessings.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

paul1149 wrote: Now to an important, related matter. I propose we add another Smilie to the forum's armamentarium, depicting someone totally clueless!
lol