Combining files

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
hecaherg

Combining files

Post by hecaherg »

I have a study file that I imported from e-sword. It came to TW as a Book. In e-sword this file would be like the "my verse notes" file in TW. I also have a "my verse notes" files in TW. They both behave the same. When I look a Bible verse, if I have any personal comments it will show in the book window provided the book is open. I don't want to have two books windows opened. Is there a way to combine both files, so that I only need one book window open with "my verse notes" open showing the notes imported from e-sword also?

Hector
JG

Re: Combining files

Post by JG »

hecaherg wrote:I have a study file that I imported from e-sword. It came to TW as a Book. In e-sword this file would be like the "my verse notes" file in TW. I also have a "my verse notes" files in TW. They both behave the same. When I look a Bible verse, if I have any personal comments it will show in the book window provided the book is open. I don't want to have two books windows opened. Is there a way to combine both files, so that I only need one book window open with "my verse notes" open showing the notes imported from e-sword also?

Hector
HI,

Perhaps I don't understand the issue here. Do you have any content in the "my verse notes" file? Surely you have not put much in there? If it is not much, you can cut-and-paste to your converted module can't you?
Jon
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Try drag-n-drop. Read here: http://theword.gr/manual/copy_moving_book_topics.htm
Costas
hecaherg

Post by hecaherg »

The issue is that I thought it made a difference in what file I had the module. I was trying to copy my file from e-sword to "My verse notes" thinking that I needed to have it there. I did what you suggeted and copied the entries that I had in "my verse notes" to the other file and named it "my Study notes" and it works just as "my verse notes". Thanks.

Hector