Verse List + Compare View

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
andley

Verse List + Compare View

Post by andley »

Hi !

Is there a way to display "Compare View" under "Verse List" ?

What I am looking for is something like this:

-----------------------------------------
List 1

KJV NIV

Gen 1:1 ...... ......
Rev 2:2 ...... ......

Thanks a lot !
-Andley.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Verse List + Compare View

Post by csterg »

andley wrote:Hi !

Is there a way to display "Compare View" under "Verse List" ?

What I am looking for is something like this:

List 1

KJV NIV

Gen 1:1 ...... ......
Rev 2:2 ...... ......

Thanks a lot !
-Andley.
You can do it manually.
Put each verse twice, select '2 columns' for the display, and select the translation you want for each second verse,
Costas
andley

Post by andley »

I see ....

It would be a very useful feature in Bible study to see the different translations under a certain topic:

For example,

if I want to explore the word G5257, I can do a search in the Bible View, and then copy all the verses into a Verse List. But in order to further investigate how this word was rendered in different Bible texts, I need to see the Compare View under the Verse List.

Anyway, this is just a wish list. It would be great if you could inlcude this into the next release.

Thank you !
-Andley.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

andley wrote:I see ....

It would be a very useful feature in Bible study to see the different translations under a certain topic:

For example,

if I want to explore the word G5257, I can do a search in the Bible View, and then copy all the verses into a Verse List. But in order to further investigate how this word was rendered in different Bible texts, I need to see the Compare View under the Verse List.

Anyway, this is just a wish list. It would be great if you could inlcude this into the next release.

Thank you !
-Andley.
There is an easy way to do this.
Once you search, change to compare view. Now, click on each search result and you have what you want (make sure that "Jump to searched Bible when clicking..." is unchecked in Search Options tab).

Costas
andley

Post by andley »

Yes, that's true.

But in order to put all the verses together(instead of looking at them one by one), it's better to have a complete view ...

BTW, one work-around is to copy the verse list into Word, then change to a different translation, copy the verse list again into Word.

Then use "convert text to table" function in Word to convert into a 2-column comparison table....

Thanks for the quick response !
-Andley.
wish2bflying

Post by wish2bflying »

Hi Costas, I was wondering if you've had any thoughts about this since 2008? I just finished creating a Verse List that's quite long, anticipating that I would be able to press "Compare" and have it bring up my Verse List in a Compare view. :(

Is it possible to get the Compare utility to source the verse data from the current verse list?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

wish2bflying wrote:Hi Costas, I was wondering if you've had any thoughts about this since 2008? I just finished creating a Verse List that's quite long, anticipating that I would be able to press "Compare" and have it bring up my Verse List in a Compare view. :(

Is it possible to get the Compare utility to source the verse data from the current verse list?
I would say that due to other priorities, this would be something not to consider for now,
Costas
wish2bflying

Post by wish2bflying »

No worries, thanks for all you're doing.