hover the no / alphabet should display the meaning

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
JEM

hover the no / alphabet should display the meaning

Post by JEM »

Is it possible to create our own notes like the "translator's notes" in Bible view for any Bible word? The point is just to hover the no / alphabet should display the meaning/my notes - not more than two or three words, in my case. Surely verse comments are not my choice as far as this requirement is concerned. Someone help me on this?

Thank You
Last edited by JEM on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
JG

Re: hover the no / alphabet should the display the meaning

Post by JG »

JEM wrote:Is it possible to create our own notes like the "translator's notes" in Bible view for any Bible word? The point is just to hover the no / alphabet should display the meaning/my notes - not more than two or three words, in my case. Surely verse comments are not my choice as far as this requirement is concerned. Someone help me on this?

Thank You
Hi,
the commentary modules, are the universal way of seeing our personal notes. These can be seen for any Bible translation. You can make your personal commentary notes show as a link after each verse in the Bible view. It is toggled with the C key. In the Bible options you can just choose to show your commentary as a link.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JEM

Post by JEM »

Thank you JG for your kind help.

I think i understand what you are saying as "Universal Commentaries / personal verse notes" and can be seen as inline either below verse or beside verse in any bible view for any verse.

But, could you elaborate on this? For instance, the Word "edifies" in 1 Cor 8:1 in NKJV will show the meaning as "builds up" when you hover the mouse over the superscript letter " 2 ". This is exactly my requirement. Selecting any word in a bible and assign them * / alphabet / no and when hover the mouse, will show the meaning or very short notes.

I can see the Bible view Options -> Footnotes and Cross Refs -> Show Translator's footnotes/inline notes -> Position: As links (when mouse moves over the links, the note appears"). How to create one like this?

Thank you.
Last edited by JEM on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I see the point but this is not really doable from within the program. I see that you want to have the comments on words and not on the end of the verse. The only way would be to use some formatting in the module that repeats the word you comment on first...
JG

Post by JG »

Hi, JEM,
I did know what you wanted, but it would not be possible or right to modify the actual Bible module.
You can do something that is just as effective by copy and pasting the Bible text verse to your personal commentary, then highlight and comment as shown in the screen shot. (image Notes.jpg) There are advantages in this method, I believe. You can display this under the Bible text and toggle on and off easily.

In perhaps a different way, similar to above but;
You could just put hyperlinks (with a plain text entry that will display on hover) (image Note 2.jpg) on the words in the commentary, then with the commentary displayed under the text you could then just hover the words for the info.

You will know you have made a comment on the verse if you display in-line commentaries as links, you see for example, displayed the [My Notes] at the end of a verse.
Notes.jpg
Notes.jpg (116.42 KiB) Viewed 6685 times
Notes 2.jpg
Notes 2.jpg (128.7 KiB) Viewed 6685 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JEM

Post by JEM »

My sincere thanks to you JG for explaining with much detail and screenshots. Actually i didn't expect it would be like modifying actual bible module, but simply thought of adding some sort of hyperlink to any word of verse.

What you have explained me is really helped to meet my requirement, in fact helped me to learn a few more customizing techniques reg these verse commentaries. I'm so impressed by this second technique i.e. hyperlinking text of my notes, and then a popup... so nice of it.

@ Costas: Many thanks once again for the depth we can go for tweaking / customizing in every area of TW.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

JEM

Re: hover the no / alphabet should display the meaning

Post by JEM »

Hi Costas,

Pl find attached screenshot. There is no problem when i type in English in the target text box, but in Tamil. It gets displayed as "?????" - Unicode again? This is happening when i tried the second method JG explained above. FYI.

Thank you.
Attachments
html link display.PNG
html link display.PNG (43.16 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
html link.PNG
html link.PNG (37.04 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
In Christ with His love,

JEM

JG

Post by JG »

As shown in the changelog.txt file
- [new]: support for free text links in Bibles and Books (e.g. "tw://*.*?txt=Free text")

tw://*.*?txt=พระ​เจ้า​ตรัส​ว่า “จง​เกิด​ความ​สว่าง”​ ความ​สว่าง​ก็​เกิดขึ้น
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
William

Post by William »

JG wrote:As shown in the changelog.txt file
- [new]: support for free text links in Bibles and Books (e.g. "tw://*.*?txt=Free text")
tw://*.*?txt=พระ​เจ้า​ตรัส​ว่า “จง​เกิด​ความ​สว่าง”​ ความ​สว่าง​ก็​เกิดขึ้น
What are free text links and how are these used?
Are you saying that

tw://*.*?txt=abcdefg

will show a popup with abcdefg ?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Solution 1:
Use what Jon suggested (tw://*.*?txt=Text...)

Solution 2:
Build 1217
What are free text links and how are these used?
Yes.
Some time ago another feature was added: when the target is not understood it is just displayed in a popup, thus working like 'free text links'. yes, it is prefferrable to use the 'tw://*.*?txt=Text' format. Also the free text link also support embedded rtf codes, e.g.

Code: Select all

tw://*.*?txt=This is {\b bold}, this is {\i italic}, etc
Costas
JEM

Post by JEM »

Beautiful. Thank you Jon, Costas.
In Christ with His love,

JEM