theWord

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
vanschoonhoven

theWord

Post by vanschoonhoven »

I recently had two strokes that left me with three areas of brain damage. I am slow at thinking now, but desired to get back into the scriptures that reveal my savior to me.

I have a very expensive Logos system. In fact it would cost more than 3500. dollars to replace it. It is too hard for me to use now.

I also have theWord with no cost at all. It is simple to use. A person with brain damage can use it, so any one can!

Once you have downloaded the program and modules from theWord you have a very good program that is free , but do not stop there. Now go through all the videos that tell you how to use the program. Do not be afraid to watch them more than once, It took me 3 or 4 times to understand them, but it is worth it.

This gives you a solid start on how to use the program. Now go back and load all the modules you want from the third party sources. I have over 3750 soureces.

Now go back in the program and learn how to make collections these are useful for searching, most peopel think they are for organising your library, and they are, but they are useful in doing searches to make your studies easier and more useful. Some useful groups are to have a Theology collection, a history collection, as bible background collection, and many others. I have a collection that allows me to search for bible topics that allows me to find subjects in the bible verses. This allows me to get started do bible studies on topics I can't find in the bible............it offers a great jumping off point.

Another often over looked feature of the software is using the notes to store your findings this can be done verse by verse or topic by topic, this allows you to share your findings quickly with anyone. Learn how to use this feature!!!

One other thing also to mention Costas has some very good resources you can buy at inepensive prices consider adding these books to your own theWord these make bible study even more useful.

Your brother in Christ,

Jim
William

Re: theWord

Post by William »

Jim,
We keep you in our hearts and minds; may the Lord bless you and preserve you.

@Costas
Jim may have come up with a new tag line for theWord advertisements:

" Even if you're brain damaged, you can still use theWord "

With credit to Jim, thanks for making me smile :lol:
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you Jim for posting this.
vanschoonhoven

Post by vanschoonhoven »

Last night in went to a home church. I had given the paster E-Sword years ago and showed him how to use it. About a year ago I gace him theWord but we did not have time to show him how to use it.

He never really got TheWord because he never knew how to use it. Last night because of my brain damage I got dropped of at his house early. While I was setting around I asked him if I could show him something, I think out of the kindness of his heart he said yes. So I started showing him how theWord works!!! I thought his eyes would pop ouut of his head, I was concerned he might have brain damage at this rate.

I could not work some of the features right, because I had forgot some things, so I showed him a short video on line, he book marked them for later.
My main point, it even a brain damaged perosn can be used of God to show a pastor theWord. I am sure God is not through with me yet. He can do what ever he wants with who ever he wants to use. In fact some thimes his strength shows best in our weeknes!!! I was working on a DTH before the strokes, I believe my friend would have never had the time for me to show him theWord, but now he did because of the kindness of his heart for a brain damaged guy. Praise To the glory of God's grace!

Jim
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

It is always touching to realize how God uses us in our weaknesses even more so.
Costas
vanschoonhoven

Post by vanschoonhoven »

I think Costas is right, God uses our weeknesses, today I had lunch with another pastor friend of mine. We spoke about theWord which I gave him over two years ago, he thought he knew how to use it, but I showed him a few things and he now sees what he has been missing! There is now some chance we may teach some classes on theWord together, the brain damaged guy and the pastor!!! I am finding out God is using me to speak to more people the dumber I am, it makes me wonder why I was working on my DTH degree the source of our stength is the Lord!!!

Share theWord with folks and do not assume they know how to use it, even if they act like they do!!!