[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:18 pm



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Audio Module Maker for theWord 
Author Message

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Posts: 175
Post Audio Module Maker for theWord
Hi all

This program can be used to make a commentary module with links to audio files of the Bible.
Each file should contain the audio of a chapter of the Bible.

Steps:
1- Select (Whole Bible, Old testament, or New Testament)
2- Select one of the following:
a- Files for each book are in a subfolder: If you have one folder containing a number of subfolders, each containing audio files for one book of the Bible.
b- All files are in the same folder: If you have one folder containing all files sorted by name.
3- Enter a title and a description. You can also change the link text that will appear in theWord.
4- Select the folder containing the subfolders (a) or all the audio files (b ).
5- The file name for the module will be automatically set to the title, and the module will be created in the same folder as the program. This can be changed in the "Output Module" text box.
6- Click "Create Module"

Notes:
1- Folders should contain the audio files only.
2- Links in the module will be sorted according to the order of folders and files that appears in Windows Explorer. So make sure this is the order you want ( in both cases, whether the files are in separate folders or in the same folder)

I hope it's useful.

Jerry


Edit: tvi is set to the last verse of the chapter instead of 0.
Thanks Jon.


Last edited by Jerry20 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:26 am
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 8539
Location: Corfu, Greece
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
Hi Jerry,
tried to run it: i get an empty .twm and empty folder. Do I do something wrong?
Do i need to run it from a given folder?
Costas


Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:29 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm
Posts: 3462
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
Hi "Jerry", and Costas

It is working for me using "Files for each book are in subfolder".
The only "issue" was the verse ranges, I think it would be more informative showing the range rather than verse 1. (Your "Verse Range Fixer", does seem to correct this but later today I will check the ranges as you had said there were some issues you found)
I have the file with the verse ranges if you want/need it for checking, assuming T4 did not make any errors!. [Edit: T4 made some errors somewhere, Oops]

Thanks again "Jerry"

_________________
Jon
the
Word 5 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet


Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:59 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Posts: 175
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
csterg wrote:
Hi Jerry,
tried to run it: i get an empty .twm and empty folder. Do I do something wrong?
Do i need to run it from a given folder?
Costas


Hi Costas,

Did you select the correct one from these:
1- Files for each book are in a subfolder
2- All files are in the same folder

The first scans the given folder for subfolders, and then scans each subfolder for files
The second scans the given folder for files only.

So if you select the wrong one, you'll end up with an empty file.

Jerry


Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:16 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Posts: 175
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
JG wrote:
Hi "Jerry", and Costas

It is working for me using "Files for each book are in subfolder".
The only "issue" was the verse ranges, I think it would be more informative showing the range rather than verse 1. (Your "Verse Range Fixer", does seem to correct this but later today I will check the ranges as you had said there were some issues you found)
I have the file with the verse ranges if you want/need it for checking, assuming T4 did not make any errors!. [Edit: T4 made some errors somewhere, Oops]

Thanks again "Jerry"


Thank you Jon


Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm
Posts: 3462
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
Jerry20 wrote:
JG wrote:
Hi "Jerry", and Costas

It is working for me using "Files for each book are in subfolder".
The only "issue" was the verse ranges, I think it would be more informative showing the range rather than verse 1. (Your "Verse Range Fixer", does seem to correct this but later today I will check the ranges as you had said there were some issues you found)
I have the file with the verse ranges if you want/need it for checking, assuming T4 did not make any errors!. [Edit: T4 made some errors somewhere, Oops]

Thanks again "Jerry"


Thank you Jon


Hi, "Jerry",

I have redone my data and compared with the output from your Verse Range Fixer app. I see just two errors.
Numbers 26:1-65 but you have only 30 verses
1Thes 1:1-10 but you have only 9 verses

If you can update the "Audio Module Maker", with the verse range data, it will be excellent.

_________________
Jon
the
Word 5 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet


Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:30 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Posts: 175
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
JG wrote:
Jerry20 wrote:
JG wrote:
Hi "Jerry", and Costas

It is working for me using "Files for each book are in subfolder".
The only "issue" was the verse ranges, I think it would be more informative showing the range rather than verse 1. (Your "Verse Range Fixer", does seem to correct this but later today I will check the ranges as you had said there were some issues you found)
I have the file with the verse ranges if you want/need it for checking, assuming T4 did not make any errors!. [Edit: T4 made some errors somewhere, Oops]

Thanks again "Jerry"


Thank you Jon


Hi, "Jerry",

I have redone my data and compared with the output from your Verse Range Fixer app. I see just two errors.
Numbers 26:1-65 but you have only 30 verses
1Thes 1:1-10 but you have only 9 verses

If you can update the "Audio Module Maker", with the verse range data, it will be excellent.


Sure.
Thanks for the tip.


Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm
Posts: 3462
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
I was just re-checking and deleted my post.

I see that the Template file jumps a topic_id I don't know if this will be of any concern.
It is 458 that is missing.

_________________
Jon
the
Word 5 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet


Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:02 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Posts: 175
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
JG wrote:
I was just re-checking and deleted my post.

I see that the Template file jumps a topic_id I don't know if this will be of any concern.
It is 458 that is missing.



No, it doesn't matter, but I fixed it anyway.
I updated the first topic with the new program.
tvi is obtained from the sqlite file.

Thanks


Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm
Posts: 3462
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
Jerry20 wrote:
JG wrote:
I was just re-checking and deleted my post.

I see that the Template file jumps a topic_id I don't know if this will be of any concern.
It is 458 that is missing.



No, it doesn't matter, but I fixed it anyway.
I updated the first topic with the new program.
tvi is obtained from the sqlite file.

Thanks


Great, that is good, and looks better with full chapter info.

Perhaps version numbers for all your apps would be a good practice. It is easier to know your are up-to-date that way.

_________________
Jon
the
Word 5 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet


Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:18 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Posts: 175
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
JG wrote:
Jerry20 wrote:
JG wrote:
I was just re-checking and deleted my post.

I see that the Template file jumps a topic_id I don't know if this will be of any concern.
It is 458 that is missing.



No, it doesn't matter, but I fixed it anyway.
I updated the first topic with the new program.
tvi is obtained from the sqlite file.

Thanks


Great, that is good, and looks better with full chapter info.

Perhaps version numbers for all your apps would be a good practice. It is easier to know your are up-to-date that way.


OK, I added the version number to the exe file and added an "About" button with the description.

Thanks


Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm
Posts: 3462
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
OK that is better.
Are you going to release the "Verse Range Fixer" ?

_________________
Jon
the
Word 5 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet


Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:04 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Posts: 175
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
JG wrote:
OK that is better.
Are you going to release the "Verse Range Fixer" ?


OK


Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 853
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
Where can I get the audio files to use with the audio module maker?

Darrel


Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:47 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:25 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Audio Module Maker for theWord
DarrelW wrote:
Where can I get the audio files to use with the audio module maker?

Darrel


Go to faith comes by hearing website..
Hundreds of languages available as audio


Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.