Hyperlink color

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
Coz

Hyperlink color

Post by Coz »

The default hyperlink color that comes with TW is blue. This note discusses changing the hyperlink color to the color of your choice. [Bear in mind that the change in color affects all hyperlinks, not just the verse reference.]

To reset the hyperlink color, right click in the book area, then click on "Hypertext link." You will see three basic steps for inserting or adding a hypertext link.

However, narrow your focus upon "Link colors" in step 3. Within the two basic options of the "Link colors," the user has a total of four options. They are:

Option 1: "Normal" is associated with the Text drop down menu. This option changes the color as you see the hyperlink before you click on it.

Option 2: "Active" is associated with the Text drop down menu. This option changes the color as you see the hyperlink after you click on it. It shows that the verse is "active."

Option 3: "Normal" is also associated with the Background drop down menu. The default is transparent. Change this option to black to see its affect. After seeing its effect, you will know what to do.

Option 4: "Active" is also associated with the Background drop down menu. The default is transparent. Change this option to black to see its affect. After seeing its effect, you will know what to do.

Changing the color on any one of the options is a matter of clicking on the drop down menu on the right of each option, choosing one of the colors, then click OK.
kracey

Re: Hyperlink color

Post by kracey »

How do you hyperlink an entry in a database to an internet webpage? I am creating a database and I would like to add a hyperlink to one of the entries. When I highlight the entry and right click on it, the "hyperlink" option is gray and I cannot select it.
Last edited by kracey on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG

Post by JG »

Hi,

for brief instructions, if you hover the greyed input area (section 3) you will get a "Hint" telling you what to do.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

kracey wrote:How do you hyperlink an entry in a database to an internet webpage? I am creating a database and I would like to add a hyperlink to one of the entries. When I highlight the entry and right click on it, the "hyperlink" option is gray and I cannot select it.
Manually enter the target (e.g. http://www.theword.gr) in the Hyperlink dialog