Create you own skin!

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
johannes

Create you own skin!

Post by johannes »

Hi there,

for all those who are interested in creating a custom skin:

You can do this by using the TreeDB Skin Editor (download at www.mytreedb.com).

This is a free software that lets you create your own skin. When saving a skin you have to select "SKN files" as the file type and save the skin into the "Skins" folder of the directory of The Word.

Greetings,
Johannes
Hg

Post by Hg »

Thanks for that tip! I'll have to give that a try :)
hhacker

Post by hhacker »

Thanks for tipping..It's really useful.
preahkumpii

Post by preahkumpii »

Just for the record, you will have to play with the skin editor in conjunction with TW in order to understand what each item does. Some of it may behave in a way that you did not expect. Also, there are a few options that are not included with the skin editor that can be used with TW. For instance, if you open a skin file in a text editor, you will see entries as such:

Code: Select all

Normal.Body=9
The skin editor mentioned in this thread only does 0-6 with the Normal.Body entry. But, the updated library goes through 9. The 9 as displayed in the example above is used often in the "Vista" skins, and it creates a Vista glass effect by enabling the color to change after something like 9 pixels from the top. anyhow, you can play with it to see what I am talking about. If you are up to making a new skin, a fast way to do it is by editing the text file directly, but it does require you do know the color hex codes. I am working on one now that I hope to make available soon.

Adam
Adam
preahkumpii

Re: Create you own skin!

Post by preahkumpii »

Hello to all,

I wanted to post an update to the skin editor for the library that TW uses. You can find the new skin editor here. It seems really good and easier to use. Definitely worth a try.
Adam
Darek

Re: Create you own skin!

Post by Darek »

I've found really good free skin editor called silverpoint. It is more useful than Treedb. Here it is easier to recognize all the items. The link above
Last edited by Darek on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.