Floating windows with independent tree control?

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
GleninTenn

Floating windows with independent tree control?

Post by GleninTenn »

When I go to Window -> new Bible View (floating window)... is there a way to have a tree control for that floating window bible which is not sync'd to the tree control for my main Bible view?

I often find myself wanting to follow cross references in my main Bible view without changing that main view (e.g. losing train of thought in the main context).
JG

Re: Floating windows with independent tree control?

Post by JG »

http://www.theword.net/manual/bible_view.htm
look for "verse target" the "eye icon"

Verse Target: Select to make this Bible view a target for displaying verse links. If this Bible view is a Verse Target, then every time you click a verse reference link, this view will display the verse. If no Bible view is a Verse Target, then the active Bible view is used to display verse links.

You should notice the following:

• When a Bible view is set as a Verse Target, then it will not produce synchronization events; no Book views or Bible views will be synchronized while this option is turned on for this view.
• The Verse Target view will only respond to verse links: not to the Bible Tree, Bible Search View, F4 quick access menu
• Holding down the CTRL key causes the same Bible view to be used to display a link, even if a Verse Target view exists.
TIP: Here is what happens if you click on a verse reference:

▪ If a Verse Target view exists then:
o the Verse Target view is used
o the same (originating Bible view) is used if CTRL is pressed
▪ If a Verse Target view does not exist
o the same (originating Bible view) is used
o another random Bible view is used if CTRL is pressed.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet