Hi, Can we have the Book Names in the languages of the Bible

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
JEM

Hi, Can we have the Book Names in the languages of the Bible

Post by JEM »

Would like to know...

Can we have the Book Names in the languages of the Bible (Tamil...in my case) in any of the views like Bible / Compare View / List?

Thank You.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Hi, Can we have the Book Names in the languages of the B

Post by csterg »

JEM wrote:Would like to know...

Can we have the Book Names in the languages of the Bible (Tamil...in my case) in any of the views like Bible / Compare View / List?

Thank You.
Yes. You can translate the whole app in Tamil if you want. A brother (the one who has worked on the Tamil Bible) will do the work and i believe he has already a language file for Tamil with what you ask (Philip).

Costas
JEM

Dear Costas

Post by JEM »

Thanks Costas. We were discussing about this Tamil Version some 20 days ago. I will just check with him and come back to you.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
philip707

Post by philip707 »

Dear JEM, I am waiting for the updated lang file from Bro Costas to proceed the work, for the time being i stop working on the tamil user interface

Philip
JEM

Thank you Bro.Philip.

Post by JEM »

Thank You Bro.Philip, for your rescue and your valuable time.

Costas: Can you send the file across?
In Christ with His love,

JEM

philip707

Post by philip707 »

Dear Costas, Is there any possiblity to have the Bible book name in tamil alone, when i made a change in the lang file , the book name changed in all translation like KJV, Darby..etc. But what i want the book name of tamil translation should change, in other english translation of the book name should be in english.
Is it Possible???
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

@philip:
no, this is not possible. The bible book names (wherever used) are part of the language file. I cannot have different versions here and there.

Also, can you send to JEM the current tamil.lng file?

Costas
howardpaul7

Re: Hi, Can we have the Book Names in the languages of the Bible

Post by howardpaul7 »

The Word is an amazing Bible software. Praise God!

If you are composing your copied verses in MS Word, then, there is a way to work around. You can convert all the 66 book names from English to your language in 3 key strokes for the range of all selected text.

You just need to create a Word macro and install it in your Word. The macro basically is a list of "Find...Replace" statements to find all the 66 book names and replace them with the names in your language one-by-one. Each time, you just highlight the region of text containing the book names and hit Alt-F8, then select the macro to run. That is.

Here is an example of one segment of macro which replaces all the short "Gen" with long "Genesis", and so on:

Sub ConvertBookNames()

With Selection.Find
.Forward = False
.Text = "Gen"
.Replacement.Text = "Genesis"
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End With

With Selection.Find
.Forward = False
.Text = "1Sam"
.Replacement.Text = "1 Samuel"
End With

End Sub
JEM

Re: Hi, Can we have the Book Names in the languages of the Bible

Post by JEM »

Thank you howardpaul7. This would really be helpful.... Could you also help me in creating the macro for the same purpose, but with few options..

1) Find short or full book names eg. Gen or Genesis
2) Replace with my language short or full book names.
With Selection.Find
.Forward = False
.Text = "Gen" or "Genesis"
.Replacement.Text = "Genesis" also an option for short or full book name replacement
End With
In Christ with His love,

JEM