Having the software read to you

Ideas and suggestions about new features
larry

Having the software read to you

Post by larry »

I could not find this, but sure someone has ask before.

Is there a way to have any item in theWord read to you???? The reason I ask is that I am getting older (69) and it is harder for me to read as fast as I once did or at time understand, and that tends to leave me with a spirit of not wanting to put much effort into reading and doing because of lack of time.

Again sorry if this already brought up and I just did not find it :oops:
Namunja

Re: Having the software read to you

Post by Namunja »

While we are waiting for our workhorse(is that the correct term? :) ) to implement this feature, a few Text-To-Speech tools may prove useful.
One such tool, the balabolka (http://listoffreeware.com/list-of-best- ... -software/) is able to monitor the clipboard and can read aloud the contents thereof. All you need to do is highlight the text you want read, copy it and then use this software to read it for you.
cw3theophilus

Re: Having the software read to you

Post by cw3theophilus »

I would also find this feature useful and would suggest incorporating windows native text-to-speech engine into the in order to read scriptures (and maybe also books and commentaries). Almost like you can do with MySword using Android text-to-speech engine. There should be open source software libraries available that you could incorporate to do this.