Daily Bible/Devotional Readings Suggestion

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Doctordavet

Daily Bible/Devotional Readings Suggestion

Post by Doctordavet »

Hi, Costas,

I have an idea I would like to suggest to you. Let me set it up.

I have designed a layout I call "Study Bible." It is basically an inline Bible window with 3 commentaries available over to the right. The Bible text has commentary links active, right under the Bible text. (I really love this inline layout with xrefs and commentary links right in the text!) Under the Bible window, I have three small windows: 1) a "book window" that holds my daily Bible reading schedule; 2) a book search window, to display search results when I want to research a word in the inline window; and 3) another book window for my commentaries.

I love my "study bible." However, I don't use this layout the rest of the time I have TW open. So....

Could the "Daily Readings" Dialogue box somehow associate a layout with the Daily Bible Reading and/or Daily Devotional Reading? If not, then the Daily Reading dialogue box really isn't helpful, because I have to change the layout anyway after I choose the appropriate daily reading type.

This is just an idea for your consideration. I enjoy TW.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Daily Bible/Devotional Readings Suggestion

Post by csterg »

Thanks for the suggestion Dave. Unfortunately this is something not doable, let me explain.
The 'Daily Readings' dialog is supposed to work independently of the layout. When you click a link on it, the active view will be used to display the content. This is quite easy and flexible i think and keeps the Daily Readings dialog independent.

I am not really sure how this prohibits you, maybe i don't understand something
Costas
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

It doesn't prohibit me; it just makes the daily reading dialogue useless.

I use several layouts every day. I have one called "study Bible" that I use for daily readings. If it isn't the last layout I used the day before (and it never is), then clicking the daily reading dialogue takes me to the Daily Reading in the wrong layout. Then I click my "study Bible" layout anyway - making the daily readings useless.

IF somehow I could tie the daily reading dialogue to a specific layout; or, let me choose a layout right on the dialogue box, that is what I would find useful.

Perhaps there are not many of us who utilize specific layouts for the daily readings. If that is true, then working on this idea is not a productive use of anyone's time. Too bad; I love my "Study Bible" layout for my daily Scripture reading.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, I suppose that changing the order of clicks there would just solve the problem, e.g. change layout first, correct? don't forget that the Daily readings dialog has the option to show the 'read' passages also, so they don't need to disappear once you click on them: so if you click them first by mistake (and you forgot to change the layout before clicking) this is no problem
Costas