Apostolic Bible Polyglot Interlinear

Ideas and suggestions about new features
JG

Re: Apostolic Bible Polyglot Interlinear

Post by JG »

Hi Darrel, perhaps the info they have on the site, gives an answer to all these questions. Looks like they have developed a system themselves to address Greek grammar etc.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Yes, I was reading that. The only possible drawback is additional software installed, maintained and using. It would be "interesting" if some of this might make it into TW at some point - although those tools might take TW in an unintended direction?

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:Hi Jon,
Thanks for the response. I am still such a "newbie" in learning Greek and Hebrew. I really appreciate the ease and flexibility TW offers in these areas. Is there plans for including lemma and morph info in the ABP?

Darrel
This really depends on the author so i cannot tell,
Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Is there a way to change the font size for the interlinear text?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

mathetes wrote:Is there a way to change the font size for the interlinear text?
no, this is in the .ont file
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Could there maybe be some option for tagged text in the preferences so font changes can be made even if the file is encrypted?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

mathetes wrote:Could there maybe be some option for tagged text in the preferences so font changes can be made even if the file is encrypted?
Well, i am trying to think how to do this.
Maybe some override of the properties at an external file?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Hi, can I just comment.

Could you make a specific tag and add then to the options dialog.
So the text would be tagged with a <INT>xxxxxx<Int> interlinear text tag.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

i don't like that too much, it will not go with the rest of the logic. Shouldn't i do also for other tags if i do for the <int> ?
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:i don't like that too much, it will not go with the rest of the logic. Shouldn't i do also for other tags if i do for the <int> ?
Hi Costas, not quite sure of the logic you mean.
Strong's can change size and color
Footnotes can change color
Morph codes can change size and color
Bible text can change text size, font, color

But this interlinear presents something new; Greek and English text with the same font. This is fine for default, but if one wants to use (in this case) Gentium, or code2000 font, for example; the interlinear text is very small.

:)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Yes, this is true...
I suppose that at some point an 'interlinear' tab should be added in the bible view options for these options. At this moment it is kind of 'fixed' in the file,
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hello Jon,
Just an fyi - I've just installed the language tool (FreeMind) from the APB website. This is a very interesting tool! I don't know how far I will have time to go with it, but the uses and ability for mapping languages is incredible!

Darrel
why1942

Post by why1942 »

First of all excellent work on the ABP! I figured it would be months away, but this is indeed a superior module. On first install it only displayed the greek text. But after reading on the board I saw that pressing "i" hides/shows the English. Not to be ungrateful, but is there a way to show the strong's numbers also? I found that by double clicking the greek word, the dictionary automatically goes to it, if the entire greek word is in the dictionary. Where there are variations, the dictionary will not show the root/base word (example: νικήσης in Romans 3:4). If I right click on it > Lookup > Look up "##" in > then it gives me the strongs number and then displays it in the dictionary. Is there a way to circumvent the extra clicking?

Otherwise, excellent software. I'll be running it through some tests in the next few days to see if I can abandon the software I use now.

UpDATE: Nevermind. I found it. I had to choose the option under bible view options. Upon more experimentation, I discovered that I can set it so the numbers don't show, but that the tooltip automatically shows up on mouse hover, which is very nice. This way I can get rid of the dictionaries in the bottom book window and just have the ISBE and the TSK there instead. Simple yet complete.
why1942

Post by why1942 »

I know the Sword Project has the ABP english (where its just the english text), but is there any way to convert from the Sword to the Word? I noticed its not an available option on the utility. Or is an english online module already available for the ABP on the Word?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

why1942 wrote:I know the Sword Project has the ABP english (where its just the english text), but is there any way to convert from the Sword to the Word? I noticed its not an available option on the utility. Or is an english online module already available for the ABP on the Word?
Well, i could make an english only text of it for sure. Do you feel there is a need for it? Others?
Costas