Turabian Book Citations

Ideas and suggestions about new features
bobbybosler

Turabian Book Citations

Post by bobbybosler »

I'm a seminary student and therefore write a lot of papers. I've found TW very helpful in doing research and studying the original languages. Just recently, I've begun downloading many of the classics and organizing them according to topic in a custom module set. One thing that would be very helpful would be if I could copy something out of my books in TW, paste it into Microsoft Word and have it automatically pull all the appropriate bibliographic information in whatever style I was working with (MLA, Turabian, Chicago, etc.), and put it in a footnote at the bottom of the page. I know several high end Bible programs do that, but I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to implement into TW. What are my chances at getting this in a future release of TW? :D
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Turabian Book Citations

Post by csterg »

bobbybosler wrote:I'm a seminary student and therefore write a lot of papers. I've found TW very helpful in doing research and studying the original languages. Just recently, I've begun downloading many of the classics and organizing them according to topic in a custom module set. One thing that would be very helpful would be if I could copy something out of my books in TW, paste it into Microsoft Word and have it automatically pull all the appropriate bibliographic information in whatever style I was working with (MLA, Turabian, Chicago, etc.), and put it in a footnote at the bottom of the page. I know several high end Bible programs do that, but I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to implement into TW. What are my chances at getting this in a future release of TW? :D
This is a good suggestion, i will add it in my todo list.
By they way, do you have info on the bibliographic styles you refer to?
Costas
bobbybosler

Post by bobbybosler »

These are the top three styles in academic citation of which I am aware. I am primarily familiar with Turabian, however, since that is the style my institution of higher learning uses.

Turabian
Here is a link to a quick citation guide from Kate L. Turabian (from which the style got the name of Turabian).
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/tur ... guide.html
She has written a book detailing just about everything regarding citations, dissertations, paper writing, etc. in the Turabian style. The name of her books is A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Seventh Edition: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers.

MLA
Here is a quick refence guide in the MLA (Modern Language Association) style.
http://www.ipsd.org/Uploads/DEC_Seconda ... erence.pdf
The Handbook for this style is MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers by Joseph Gibaldi.

APA
Here is a quick reference guide in the APA (American Psychological Association) style.
http://www.ipsd.org/Uploads/DEC_Seconda ... erence.pdf
The handbook for this style is Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Seven years later...

This subject seems to have been addressed in two separate threads, including this one.
Please see a continuation of this subject here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4375&p=37237#p37237
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.