Post by 777Dan777 »

See pic.
Attachments
bb src shot notes.png
bb src shot notes.png (202.09 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
Jeff

Re: theword in TABS

Post by Jeff »

There is a button on the toolbar to maximize the active view (the last Bible or Book View you've clicked on).

On my setup it's the last button on the right, but I think I rearranged my toolbar and moved the verse reference box to the left at some time or other, so you may have to look for it.

Is that pretty much what you need?
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
777Dan777

Post by 777Dan777 »

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply, but that's not it. I have about a dozen open books/Bilbes etc within theword, which is great on a large monitor, however I'm increasingly needing to access theword on the go and like what wordsearchbasic lets you do: you can view all 12 at once OR singlely at you described, but via tabs at the bottom of the screen. If I do it as you mentioned, I must exit single view pick the window to enlarge and click it and repeat back and forth on a small screen which can be a pain, whereas with tabs, you jump to the needed window with one click.

Dan
kenwood430

Post by kenwood430 »

I know it's not exactly what you are looking for but you can do something that is *sort-of* like that.

go to the menu choice

File > Preferences > Bible Texts
Click on the ICON to un-check all

Then re-check only the Bibles you want to work with at that time.

When finished all you need to do is follow the same menu choices and click on the check all icon.
This will give you the bibles across the top in a tab format.

A question for Costas,

Would it be possible to give us the ability to have "Bible Sets" the same way we have module sets?
That might be a nice feature to have.

Roy
777Dan777

Post by 777Dan777 »

Roy,

Thanks for the comment. I have tabs within the Bible view, which is great. This is the feature I hoping for when in maximum view: the ability to jump from any open book or Bible. I have 11 various books and Bibles open as a default layout and on a large screen it's great, yet when on the road with only an 8 inch screen it's not practical. However if I can go to max view and jump between them via a tab, this would be an asset.

Dan
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi Dan,
i see the need for tablets yes. Not sure how easy that would be to be honest, but i will take a look.

@Jeff: it's been discussed before and it would be a nice addition, yes. Not of a big priority though,
Costas
TEREX

Post by TEREX »

I wanted to take a moment and revisit this idea about having Tabs in theWord. I think this would be a fantastic idea all the way around as far as ease of use. It would be awesome to work in theWord with tabs like wordsearch or the chrome browser just clicking between tabbed book and bible views as needed. I am sure this is not an easy thing to pull off but never the less just wanted to know if this idea is even on the table of features being thought about :)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I read this but i have nothing new to add. It is a kind of different way of working and would take much changes, something not to be done at the moment
TEREX

Post by TEREX »

Thanks Costas for taking out of your busy schedule to reply. I understand completely your take on this. This isn't a "must have" feature anyway. I am still very much happy with using theWord as it stands now.

You've done some incredible work on this software and touched alot of lives with it.I feel that God will bless you in many ways.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you :)