A few suggestions and questions

Ideas and suggestions about new features
lynceus

Re: A few suggestions and questions

Post by lynceus »

csterg wrote:The main reason that I said that theWord will not support the creation of Bible modules, is that there are tools to do that already
Trust me, there's no good tool for that. Even though they are using the valid, sutable bible file format.
Personally, for each of the Bible modules I have made
Lets face it, you've just copy-pasted someone's text. This is not the translating of the Bible i was talking about.
So, the power of the Bible format is its simplicity
On the other hand it is its weakness. Personally i dont see any advantages in your format at the moment.
One more thing: very soon, several hundred (close to thousand) indigenous Bibles will be added for free to theWord official modules (provided by SciptureEarth.org). I don't think any other software will have such a rich collection of Bibles available.
Glad for you. But i personally dont think it's all about amounts...
lynceus

Post by lynceus »

Namunja wrote:No, Bro L, don’t switch to another program. There is no other Bible program that comes close to theWord in my view.
This is your point of view. Appreciate it. But in my opinion TW is using inappropriate file format.
And the fact that it is free shows its source is the same who gave us salvation, also free. Why pay money when you can get the best for free?
To get the right tool, which was created with the understanding of the complexity of the textual tradition. I'm not using the protestant bibles,that i found mostly fraudulent, but rather the originals.
Right now in this forum there is somebody asking how to get the Bible in native South African languages. Same thing I think applies to the Russian brother.
Sorry mate, you got it wrong, i'm not russian, i'm jewish.
My concern is not theology, we are not theologians.
i am.
I still want to believe you can give advice to those wanting to create their own bible texts for their own personal use.
Well the bible module creation here is simple if you have all the texts ready in place. You just put it all in one file, line by line. This is it. But here begins the funny and weird part - the program recognizes the line order only according to the protestant kjv bible version... That's the reason i can't use TW.
I guess i will give a try to this one.
Namunja

Post by Namunja »

Thanks for clarification

I think Costas was right after all, in his reply.

God bless you
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Brother lynceus, it saddens me to say you are not acting in love. Love is kind, it does not boast, it is not proud, it does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking. I understand theWord does not offers the translation tools you are after, but that never was the goal Costas had for it... It is not fair to condemn and depreciate theWord for not being what it was never supposed to be.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
WJSwanepoel

Post by WJSwanepoel »

theWord is the perfect tool for this non-theologian protestant Christian!

Thank you Costas, firstly for spending your precious time developing this wonderful tool and secondly for making it available to fellow Christians FREE of charge. That, my brother, shows your love for the Lord, His Word and His people.

Your brother in Christ,
Willem
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

@lynceus:
obviously theWord is not the right tool for you.
Actually I agree with all your comments you did, I can't argue in a different way:
- I am not a KJVonlist
- the Bible format of theWord is not the best
- adding a plain text editor in theWord is simple
- it's not all about 'amounts' of texts
- 'simple' can also be 'weak'
- I did 'simply' copy-pasted texts and did not translate any (although it took me some years of work)

Yet all these were deliberate choices for good reasons and I stand by them.
Costas