Continuous Scroll for Bible Text (Suggestion)

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Markus

Continuous Scroll for Bible Text (Suggestion)

Post by Markus »

Suggestion for additional option when scrolling through Bible Text window:

Currently, when scrolling through a Bible chapter, the scroll area is bounded by the chapter. At the top you have hyperlinks to the verses, at the bottom, you have hyperlinks to prev, start, and next chapter. When you scroll above the first chapter verse or after the last verse, the scroll region changes to the whole chapter before or the whole chapter after the current one.

Request you consider an option to "continuously scroll" between chapters. In this case, as you scroll above the first verse, the start of the chapter scrolls downward and ending verses from the previous chapter scroll down from the top, so parts of both chapter are visible in the scroll window.

Requesting this because, if you're reading through the bible as a book, when you get close to the end, often the window changes to the next chapter before you have a chance to read the last few verses. When I read, I tend to scroll down and keep the verses I'm reading toward the bottom middle, so I have context in view.

I suggest there are others who also read like this though, because PDF readers usually include an option for continuous scroll in their view options.

Anyway, Thanks for reviewing this! I realize it's likely not just a simple change or there would probably already be an option!

Sorry if this was proposed before! I did quick search of forum and user manual and did not find a reference.

Dear Costas!

Thanks so much for your service. It's awesome that such a good bible reader app is available to anyone. If you haven't already, have you considered linking up with, say the Jesus Film Project, or Wycliff Bible Translation, or other organizations that distribute bibles. Sorry, I imagine you must be already. Thrilling to think of the possibilities!

For the last 15 years, I was using another bible study app that cost more than I can afford now. It was working, but very kludgey. Couldn't afford to move to another one and the updates were affordable. Stumbled recently on yours in a review on the net. Can't tell you how grateful I am that your app is so easy to use and has features that my expensive app was only considering adding. I feel guilty that it's free and hope to donate at some point. I'm so grateful that you provided a module for the translation I use (NLT) as such an affordable cost.

Thank you.

Praise Jesus for your ministery! Will rejoice with you when we're all at home, at the full impact of the ministry he's given you! Blessings to you brother!

- Mark
JG

Re: Continuous Scroll for Bible Text (Suggestion)

Post by JG »

Thank you for your suggestion.
It has been suggested in the past viewtopic.php?p=11053#p11053

It is not feasible to do it, is the short answer.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Welcome Mark and thank you for your kind comments.
Just wanted to say that there is already a co-operation with the Wycliffe Bible Translators, see here: http://www.theword.net/index.php?downlo ... &l=english
Costas
bjones123

Post by bjones123 »

Although this is an old topic, I wanted to second this suggestion of a continuously-scrollable Bible. I was reading through James chapter 3 and 4, and realized that James 3:18 provides a lot of context and explanation for the seemingly abrupt change in tone in James 4:1. Here's one place where a continuous display would help me better understand the Scriptures.

Overall, theWord is a fantastic piece of software. I use it regularly, and find it so helpful for Bible study. Thanks for the great program!