Highlight or underline in 2+ translations simultaneously

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Highlight or underline in 2+ translations simultaneously

Post by ErikJon »

PROBLEM: As a missionary, I use two Bible translations at all times during my studies--one in my native language, and one in the foreign language of ministry. However, I often find myself highlighting verses in the one that I am reading, and forgetting to mark the same verses in the other translation also, for future reference. Sometimes hours pass before I realize it. Since I jump back and forth from one book and chapter to another, it is impossible to back-track, to find out which verses I had marked, so as to mark them in the second translation, as I should have done the first time around.

SOLUTION: It would be a nice feature if TW allowed the user to highlight (or underline) simultaneously and automatically, the same corresponding passage in all installed translations, any time that only one of them was marked.

Of course this would be impossible for marking only PORTIONS of a verse, since the arrangement of words is unique in each translation, BUT the option could be offered for "whole verses only".
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Highlight or underline in 2+ translations simultaneously

Post by csterg »

I think this is a very specific function to add
Costas
EkkyBoy

Post by EkkyBoy »

I've also noticed that you cannot mark/highlight in 'Compare' mode. Is there any chance that might be in a future update? Just wondering. Thanks
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Unfortunately this is also one of the very complex things to do that has not implemented for that reason exactly... Sorry to be negative for one more time (It has been suggested a couple of times in the past with the same response).
This is one of the features that I have tried to implemented in the past but I dropped because of the proportionally long effort it would take to do properly.
Costas
EkkyBoy

Post by EkkyBoy »

No problem Costas. I'm not a programmer so I don't know everything involved. Just thought I would ask :)