Proportional passage headings

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Proportional passage headings

Post by ErikJon »

The "passage headings" are very useful. (I am curious to know who created the standard TheWord headings) Anyway, we can adjust the color of them, but it would be nice to be able to adjust the RELATIVE size of them also. In other words, even if I reduce the size of the Bible text, I may want the headings much smaller than they appear when reducing the size of the Bible text. I would suggest this as an addition to the "Bible view options" that would say, "Size relative to Bible text," with a little field into which the user could type a percentage, or else select a percentage from a drop-down box (e.g., At 100% the headings would appear the same size as the Bible text, even when manually reduced with the mouse wheel, but at 50% they would always be half the size)
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Proportional passage headings

Post by csterg »

The standard passage headings come from TSK.
Concerning the relative font size: there are 3 heading levels each with a different font size. The font sizes are adjusted so that they are just larger than the size of the Bible text. If I allow this to be changed by the user, it is very probably that the end user will not understand this detail (e.g. 3 levels) and will adjust the text for the level he sees in the current Bible.

For example, the standard headings are rendered for the heading level 1, which is the larger font. If one would adjust these font sizes to be smaller, then if he switched to another Bible that used all 3 heading levels, it is very probable that the outcome would not look nice (because levels 2 and 3 would probably be too small).
Costas
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

I see. I did not know that you had already taken that well into consideration. My apologies.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

No need to apologize, really.
dizern

Post by dizern »

It's too big, I would like to make it smaller, or customize the font. Because I think the headings are excellent in content, but often turn out ugly.

Awesome software though, no complaints.