Verse-list and Compare not hiding in one-row-mode

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Fannon

Verse-list and Compare not hiding in one-row-mode

Post by Fannon »

Just another suggestion:

I've got very much bible-modules in TW. To save space i've turned on one-row-mode of the bible-selection bar. Now i can acess the rest of the bibles through one klick on the "more" icon. I can move every bible wherever i like it. Just not those two options: Verse-list and Copare-mode. I would like to have them -always on top-.. that the bible modules hide, but those two stay on the bible-selection bar.
I hope i can explain this good enough :roll:

Or just another option: I like the organize feature of the study view. Especially because you can create a compakt and a complete profile. Would this be an option for the bible-view too?

be blessed,
Simon
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Simon:

I've for some time thought about the same suggestion. Make the organize option of the Study view a feature for the Bible view too. That way we could be allowed to structure Bible versions conveniently, by language, Strong related, paraphrases, interlinear, NT only, sect biased, etc. This would be helpful in many ways. Thanks for bringing this up to our attention.
Leoram
johannes

Post by johannes »

Hi Fannon,

you can right click on the bible modules bar and go to "Tab options" > "When tabs in single row" and in this menu you can select whether you want to have the [Compare] and the
  • tabs always visible. I believe this is what you're looking for :)

Concerning the grouping of the modules I had a little bit different but intuitive idea some time ago: instead of the dropdown menus of the groups enabling a tab behaviour. This would give the user 1-click access to the modules of the same group and so improve the navigation speed. Have a look at this manipulated screenshot:

(It's not made with the latest beta but with some preview version quiet some time ago.)

As far as I can remember Costas replied that it's not realizable because of the menu components, is that correct Costas?

In Him,
    Johannes
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Yes,
it is in my list to make the Bible view bar behave like the Book view bar.
The Book view was made later so the bar is more advanced. But it's not simple, or else i would have already convert the one in the Bible view.
For sure, it is in my plans.

Johannes: now that i think about it again:
what you suggest is also 2 clicks away to get you somewhere and is limited in the number of levels. I believe the menu-like solution of the Book view is more versatile,

Costas
johannes

Post by johannes »

csterg wrote: Johannes: now that i think about it again:
what you suggest is also 2 clicks away to get you somewhere and is limited in the number of levels. I believe the menu-like solution of the Book view is more versatile,
Well that's true if you switch to another group. But usually a user would navigate inbetween one group - this is at least what I do. I grouped the modules by type and if I for example want to read the commentaries for one scripture I could go through them one by one easily.

But okay that's just what I think and do :-)

In Him,
Johannes
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

OK, you have a point there :)
I will reconsider when the time comes to redo the Bible view bar!
Costas
Fannon

Post by Fannon »

you can right click on the bible modules bar and go to "Tab options" > "When tabs in single row" and in this menu you can select whether you want to have the [Compare] and the
  • tabs always visible. I believe this is what you're looking for Smile
Ok, havent seen that. Just tryed it.. it's not exactly what I've been looking for.. because i wanted this option without changing the order of the bible-modules. I can't activate this option when i havent activated "move used items in front"

blessings,
Simno
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Fannon wrote: Ok, havent seen that. Just tryed it.. it's not exactly what I've been looking for.. because i wanted this option without changing the order of the bible-modules. I can't activate this option when i havent activated "move used items in front"
That's true, but there is no solution to that...
Fannon

Post by Fannon »

Ok.. i guess its wasted time to work on this, especially if the bible-view-bar is redone in some time anyway. :)

Greets,
Simon
mathetes

Re: Verse-list and Compare not hiding in one-row-mode

Post by mathetes »

Just thought I'd give a bump to this 9 year old request. Being able to group bibles into categories like is possible with other types of modules is another feature that I'd love to have.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I want to (again) add my request for this also.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks Guys. Just to let you know that I am re-writing this request up my list.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Thanks Costas. You're a jewel! :wink:
Darrel
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Thanks, this would be great! I miss this feature for a long time.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

RubioTerra wrote:Thanks, this would be great! I miss this feature for a long time.
+1
Leoram