How to add more space for toolbar icons

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

How to add more space for toolbar icons

Post by ErikJon »

I don't remember, but I may have already made the suggestion to allow the toolbar palettes to be customizable.

In other words, I never use the "dotted underlining" available on the default palette, and much, much less, a second variety of dotted underlining (although I understand that people in some cultures may). I would much rather have the extra space in the palette for my five favorite highlighting colors, to be visible at all times on one palette, instead of having to switch only the one icon back and forth, from one color to the next, and then back to the first, and then switch back to the third, etc. I would rather have a separate, dockable color palette with my favorite custom colors visible at all times, to make each highlighting operation a one-click process.

Nevertheless, in the meantime, as you know, sometimes there are so many icons on the toolbar that they spill off the screen, out of view, and have to be accessed by an extension-arrow. While it may be a small point, I think I've just noticed one way of providing a little more toolbar space.

In the same way that the icons are easily identifiable without any text captions, I think that the "verse reference" field is also self-explanatory without any text caption, particularly after the first few uses, and consequently, you could eliminate the word "verse" from the toolbar caption, or else move it into the input field itself (as it appears initially at start-up, or else move it to the right, within the field, beside the drop-down arrow).

See the hypothetical screenshot below.
Attachments
TW verse redundancy.jpg
TW verse redundancy.jpg (135.52 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: How to add more space for toolbar icons

Post by csterg »

I will consider removing the 'Verse'.
Unfortunately the toolbars are not user-customizable... this is a new feature that would need to be added, not with very high priority i am afraid
Costas