Word/Topic doesn't exist in this dictionary

Ideas and suggestions about new features
jonathangkoehn

Word/Topic doesn't exist in this dictionary

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I'm not sure if this has been suggested or if it is hard to code. Just an idea.

While studying today I noticed a dictionary didn't have a word however it took me a bit to notice this because it didn't change with the rest of the dictionaries to the new word. This makes sense since the word is not in that dictionary. However would it be possible to have dictionaries somehow indicate that a word is not in it besides not changing.

Something like changing the dropdown background color to gray or a redish hue.
Or perhaps a topic that is generated based on global language selection to say (Topic doesn't exist.)

The reason behind this is as I was studying I began to really wonder what the definition was thinking the word had changed but it had not.

Thanks
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Word/Topic doesn't exist in this dictionary

Post by csterg »

It's already there: the yellow overlay on their tabs
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Ah true, I just have it setup as a group under a drop down for example W for Word dictionaries. If I open it then I can see the yellow hmms but not on the W drop down. It works great as is, I'll just have to remember to open the drop down to see if the dictionary is highlighted in yellow.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

yes