[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hide Verse numbers and perhaps chapter divisions 

Post Re: Hide Verse numbers and perhaps chapter divisions
csterg wrote:
Is anyone concerned about the double-spacing between verses? Don't you find that distracting?
I am asking because 'fixing' that might be difficult, and not fixing that may make this feature void to start with.
Costas

I think so. If interrupted reading due to verse numbers is the issue, I don't see a way to overcome the limitation while there is a line or two in-between.

To me, as long as there is other thing except one single space or at most two, the reader will easily be tempted to see a number that was removed but is still invisibly there --a bad implementation of a reading mode--. That said, if there is no easy way to add a feature that effectively produces a pleasant sensation of smooth uninterrupted reading on a par with Logos v6, which still doesn't produce 100% the desired effect of a true reading mode, it would be good then to evaluate if it is worth the effort.

If there were an easy way to code this, it would be a welcome functionality for some users, but still it might be not an easy task to anticipate how many unless a poll be run. An interesting feature though.

Sat May 09, 2015 4:40 pm

In paragraph mode the double spaces are not distracting at all to me. In verse mode there verse divisions are quite clear, but I think this feature makes sense for paragraph mode only. Anyway, have you considered using a zero-width space?

Sat May 09, 2015 5:34 pm
Site Admin

RubioTerra wrote:
In paragraph mode the double spaces are not distracting at all to me. In verse mode there verse divisions are quite clear, but I think this feature makes sense for paragraph mode only. Anyway, have you considered using a zero-width space?

I think i will get to a solution (e.g. the zero-width space). I am just trying to avoid over-refactoring :)

Mon May 11, 2015 8:23 am
Profile WWW

Will anything that may be done in this regard change the looks for those of us who like it the way it is?

Mon May 11, 2015 3:45 pm

toconvertvid wrote:
Will anything that may be done in this regard change the looks for those of us who like it the way it is?

I hope it is implemented but that there is a setting in the gear tool, along with a hotkey. That way it would be like any of the other things that can be toggled on/off (eg, headings, footnotes). That way we all could have what we want.

Mon May 11, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't find it too distracting at this point.
It would be nice if it could be removed but not necessary.

2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” (NET2)

Wed May 20, 2015 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

Is there a possibility of including this as a toggle in the Bible View? Thank you

2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” (NET2)

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2