Addition to Lookup "word" in >

Ideas and suggestions about new features
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I like that one can look up a word in a dictionary and the list shows what dictionaries have that word.
It would be nice if at the bottom of that list or the top that one could click something that makes it update all open dictionaries
that have the word.
For example I have BDAG, AMGL, TDNTa all open and it would speed things up.
Not a necessary feature just a suggestion.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
JG

Re: Addition to Lookup "word" in >

Post by JG »

That would be a complementary addition to the existing "word click" feature, but gives the bonus of being able to choose just one type of trigger.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Usually, this is an action initiated from the Bible view (the idea is that one wants to look up a Bible word). The alternative here would be to type the word in the topics combo
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

While using the Book view for writing sermons. I at times have some greek variant words that are not in the Bible directly. I've added them to my book view from sources such as NA28 critical apparatus or another variant module.

This is just a suggestion not a need.
I do usually use the topic combo box and at times select a dictionary from Look up "word" in >
Thanks for the response. I keep trying to point other people in the direction of theWORD. Thanks for this excellent software.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you!