User Defined Short-Cuts

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Doctordavet

User Defined Short-Cuts

Post by Doctordavet »

I went looking for a short-cut key to add paragraph indents in the "My Verse-notes." I didn't find one. That's probably an obscure request. But while I was searching on "short cut keys" in the forum, I found that there are others who have requested what most of us would consider "obscure" short cuts.

Would it be possible to allow users to define their own short cut keys? My personal example: I use WordPerfect for all my sermon notation. A simple 'F7' adds one layer of indention to an entire paragraph. Two 'F7's gives me two layers, etc. I find it easy to keep my place in my notes with this style of subordination.

TheWord offers a command to indent (and nicely allows me to format how to do so, thank you very much!). But I have to leave the keyboard to do so - whether it is through the "format paragraph" menu or the "indent button" (that I sometimes can't see when my screen is not maximized). If I could assign my own short cut key (and how about this: F7 is available in theWord!!), then I could have access to that tool without leaving the keyboard.

So, rather than ask to add a short-cut key for indents (which would be great for me personally), could user-defined short-cut keys be a possibility in the future?
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
csterg
Site Admin

Re: User Defined Short-Cuts

Post by csterg »

This is a hard issue. The way theWord is build, the shortcuts for different functions are not in a central place. To add such an ability would require a lot of work
Costas