Analytical Functions

Ideas and suggestions about new features
patwwh

Analytical Functions

Post by patwwh »

Dear Costas,
I love TheWord so much for quite a few years, especially for its openness. But I feel sad since you cannot further develop additional functionality due to the limited resource of time. Really hope TheWord can not only be a Bible Reading software, but a Bible Study Software, supporting a few useful analytical functions like:
Word Statistic function or commentary-like module (for Section/Chapter, Book, Bible, and their comparing ratios)
Integrate/Parallel Scripture function (Not module) according to historical time (e.g. for Synoptic Gospels)
Timeline Function (Not module)
Analytical TypeSetting function OR module according to e.g. English (instead of Hebrew/Greek)
(For more details, Accordance Bible has done a good job here)
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Analytical Functions

Post by csterg »

I understand, but have no comment :(.
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

I do have a comment. TheWord is a free Bible application and, as such, to me it is simply the best by a long, long shot.

Paid programming is different. The owners are normally moved by other interests (not judging these as bad) and have a body of programmers that ranges from some to many. Since their motivations are different and they usually receive a substantial profit for their work (let us keep in mind that Accordance is one of the big three ―very good ones indeed―), in some cases they earn enough to pay programmers possibly including experts in the field. TheWord has grown rapidly as it is, and I remember back only ten years ago when it was still version 2 that I could see back then a work of love that is still there. One more thing: I own the license to use one of the big three for much longer time (~20 years) and I keep it installed in all my computers since then, but I rarely use it, and when I do, I normally do it as reference material (also rare) after I came in contact with theWord 10 years ago.

I am very, very satisfied with theWord, and I thank God that has given Costas the gift and energy to start this project and go on. :D
Leoram
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

I second Leoram's comment.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you Leoram and Ruben.
As Leoram said, theWord is influenced by the amount of 'free' time I personally have. I wish it was not like that, I wish there was a team (paid or not) that could do these things, but reality is different. So, I am very careful how I invest my time.

One thing, that is not always obvious, is that there is considerable time and effort going to non-programming tasks, that are necessary.

Costas