consistent behavior . shift-f2 vs shift -f3

Ideas and suggestions about new features
kenfhill84083

consistent behavior . shift-f2 vs shift -f3

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I like to use the keyboard as much as possible, to give the mouse a rest. I like how you can change modules using shift-f2 and shift-f3 (book view , Bible view respectively). If I'm in a book view, I can use shift-f3 to change focus to the Bible view and shift-f2 to change focus to the book view.

But they don't behave consistently. If I press shift-f2 then immediately press 'enter' the cursor flashes where it previously was in the now-focused book view.

If I press shift-f3 then immediately press 'enter', however, the cursor remains in the module search box. I have to either (1) start typing a Bible title then press 'enter' or (2) wake up the mouse and click inside the Bible view to set the focus there, possibly changing the current verse if I'm not careful.

I'd like to see shift-f3 work like shift-f2 - so that 'enter' exits the module search box and sets focus on the Bible view contents - without having to type in a Bible title. I hope this makes sense.

ps . I use theWord every day and am daily reminded what a great tool it is. Thanks.
kenfhill84083

Re: consistent behavior . shift-f2 vs shift -f3

Post by kenfhill84083 »

kenfhill84083 wrote: I'd like to see shift-f3 work like shift-f2 - so that 'enter' exits the module search box and sets focus on the Bible view contents - without having to type in a Bible title. I hope this makes sense.
In thinking about this, I'd like what I requested but maybe what I'm really asking for is an easy way to move from one view to another using keyboard. It would be better if there was some key combinations for which that is their designed function.

Making shift-f2 and shift-f3 have different functions.

If there is already a way to do what I want, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

kenfhill84083 wrote:
kenfhill84083 wrote: I'd like to see shift-f3 work like shift-f2 - so that 'enter' exits the module search box and sets focus on the Bible view contents - without having to type in a Bible title. I hope this makes sense.
In thinking about this, I'd like what I requested but maybe what I'm really asking for is an easy way to move from one view to another using keyboard. It would be better if there was some key combinations for which that is their designed function.

Making shift-f2 and shift-f3 have different functions.

If there is already a way to do what I want, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.
I don't know what is going on but today both f2 and f3 work the same. Neither lets me got focus into the view content. I had a reboot pending, initiated by my antivirus program. I kept postponing it. Other than that, nothing strange or different happened.

Anyway. forget f2 and f3. I'd still like a way to get between Bible view and book view using the keyboard.

Sorry for the confusion.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

You can use the TAB key to do so (you may need to go to File->Preferences->Advances and uncheck the 'Use TAB...', else your navication will end in a Book view editor).
Remember that CTRL+F10 switched between Bible views, CTRL+F11 switches between Book view.

See also: http://www.theword.net/manual/shorcuts.htm
Costas
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

csterg wrote:You can use the TAB key to do so (you may need to go to File->Preferences->Advances and uncheck the 'Use TAB...', else your navication will end in a Book view editor).
Remember that CTRL+F10 switched between Bible views, CTRL+F11 switches between Book view.

See also: http://www.theword.net/manual/shorcuts.htm
Costas
Thanks. That helps a lot. I totally missed those keys in help.