Dragging verses from Bibleview to Bookview

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Dragging verses from Bibleview to Bookview

Post by ErikJon »

I have often that I could drag any verse from Bibleview into a bookview window, with the reference attached.

At present, if I drag any verse, there seems to be no option to include the reference. (I hope that I'm wrong)

Of course, sometimes it may be preferable not to include the reference, such as when selecting and dragging only one phrase or one part of the verse intentionally.

Consequently, I would suggest the following compromise: CTRL+dragging verse = verse pasted into bookview with default reference attached.

The default format for the reference should really be defined by the user (such as in the "copy verses" dialog box), but if that is too much trouble for you, then at least define some kind of format yourself, as the important issue is to quickly include a reference of any sort.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Dragging verses from Bibleview to Bookview

Post by csterg »

Erik,
I feel there are already enough ways to enter verse references in the Book view and copy content from the Bible view.
Costas
ErikJon

Re: Dragging verses from Bibleview to Bookview

Post by ErikJon »

Well, if dragging is not as easy to implement as it looks, I can certainly sympathize with you. It was worth suggesting.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.