Set biblical references for Books via GUI

Ideas and suggestions about new features
patwwh

Set biblical references for Books via GUI

Post by patwwh »

Till now we can build book modules with commentary functions via SQL level.
It should be great if we can also intuitively set/adjust the biblical references for book modules via the GUI.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Set biblical references for Books via GUI

Post by csterg »

Not sure what that means
patwwh

Post by patwwh »

For example, in a custom commentary module, I can easily create a Topic "referencing" Exo 2:1-10, via the frontend interface.
But in a custom book module, I cannot set a "reference" (Exo 2:1-10) to a topic "Birth of Mosses", via the frontend interface, so as to make it Sync with the Bible panel.

Since 2014, TW has supported Hybrid module in the backend (for Module Developers). Hope it can further facilitate its application for custom module (for Users).
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Oh, i see: you refer to hybrid modules....
I have always thought that such are, by definition, quite 'advanced' modules for a normal user to spend time to build. I cannot imagine a user building these without some more automated way
Costas
patwwh

Post by patwwh »

I had the same feeling and question as yours.
The usage situations which inspire my this suggestion come from personal module, on which users gradually and accumulatively build up their knowledge, instead of building all by once automatically.
Personal modules here can be any Book-Form commentary, Systematic topics or devotion or map or *Structural Outlines for each book.
patwwh

Post by patwwh »

Hi Costas,

When we seriously do bible study, one of the key task is to segment a book into hierarchical structure (Multi-Level Paragraphs). Although a few books in the market have tried to do these job, these jobs are usually done personally and gradually.

To let set/adjust the biblical references on the topic tree for the hybrid modules via GUI, it won't add too much burden on you, since you have already similar input box for commentary modules. But this can help breakthrough the limitation of TW, which just support 1-D headings for bible, as well as personal notes with just book-chapter structure (Not support full hierarchical enough).
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Trust me, such a feature is never as simple as adding a new dialog to input the data.
I can put this as a low priority task but given other tasks with higher priority i see little chance of being implemented,
Costas