[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 using dropbox to sync....? 

Post using dropbox to sync....?
Is there no way to use tools like dropbox or Google Drive to sync our libraries across different computers? It seems like if TheWord would read from a database that was stored in dropbox, it could always be synced up no matter which computer I was using. Is this a crazy idea or feasible?

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:36 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: using dropbox to sync....?
It is feasible, if you do a search on the forum you should get some answers.
I use Google drive to sink across 2 computers at present.

There are a couple ways one is to put your books/Bibles on the sync drive the other how I do it is to put it all in there. Note if you put it all in there at times config may conflict.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:53 pm

I have "TheWord" configured as "compact" so all the settings and fies are expected to be in one folder. That folder is in my OneDrive folder (and synced) so it syncs all the time (tablet, laptop, desktop, and online). The only thing that i need to work on is making the layout different for each device. Then I would use "compact" and set up the settings in an un-synced folder.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:54 am

petrosd wrote:
I have "TheWord" configured as "compact" so all the settings and fies are expected to be in one folder. That folder is in my OneDrive folder (and synced) so it syncs all the time (tablet, laptop, desktop, and online). The only thing that i need to work on is making the layout different for each device. Then I would use "compact" and set up the settings in an un-synced folder.
How do you get TheWord to point to the new location of the directory with all the modules in it?

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:27 am
Profile WWW

Do you have a compact installation or a regular installation?

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:25 pm

cornopean wrote:
petrosd wrote:
How do you get TheWord to point to the new location of the directory with all the modules in it?

I have it installed as a "compact" installation. When you run the program, it assumes all the files and folders are in the folder it runs in (or in a sub folder of that folder). So you don't need to point theword to anything.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:24 am

jonathangkoehn wrote:
It is feasible, if you do a search on the forum you should get some answers.
I use Google drive to sink across 2 computers at present.

There are a couple ways one is to put your books/Bibles on the sync drive the other how I do it is to put it all in there. Note if you put it all in there at times config may conflict.

As Jonathan said, there are some answers on the forum that can help you. Like this one - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6509 - which tells you how to do what you asked here:
cornopean wrote:

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]