Give the "Define Module Sets" window more power

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Give the "Define Module Sets" window more power

Post by ErikJon »

I don't remember whether I have already made this suggestion before. I hope not.

It would be wonderful to be able to make the "Define Module Sets" window more dynamic, as sort of a dashboard from which the user could make all sorts of changes to individual modules, that would be saved into the individual module properties permanently. For example, as we see that file names are sometimes misspelled, if we could correct the spelling from within this window, it would be great. Otherwise, currently we have to find the file separately on the hard drive, and only when the program is closed, and then make the changes, if we happen to locate the file among hundreds of others with similar names. Also, if the user could use his "define module sets" dashboard to quickly identify and then permanently delete any duplicate modules, without having first to close the program and find the duplicates manually among hundreds of other modules, this would be wonderful. Sometimes I discover that I have three identical commentary modules installed, but that each one has a different title, because each was created by a different module creator. (Today I discovered three duplicates Spence/Exell Pulpit Commentary, that had been installed for over one year without my knowledge; one was called "pulpit commentary," another was called "exell commentary," and the other was "spence pulpit" for example. Each one was 139 MB in size, and together they were bloating the program to some degree, unnecessarily. If I happen to discover the conflict, it is usually with the aid of the handy "Define module sets" window. Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can do to delete the duplicates while this window is open, I don't think. I must rather write down the path for each one, close the program, find those files, delete them manually, re-open the program, and re-open the "Define Module Sets" window, to continue working. Of course, I can remove them from view, but not from the hard drive, and in any case, I cannot rename them unless I go through the same lengthy process. Turning the "Define Module Sets" window into a more dynamic "dashboard" would be a great way to help us manage the modules more quickly, find our conflicts, find duplicates, make deletions, etc.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.