change wording on warning dialog when setting bookmarks

Ideas and suggestions about new features
kenfhill84083

change wording on warning dialog when setting bookmarks

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Currently, when you set a bookmark (eg, ctrl-6) you get a warning : "You already have a bookmark at this position. Would you like to overwrite?"

I find this confusing and have to think about it each iteration : "Is this the bookmark number or the verse I'm trying to bookmark?"

It doesn't take long to figure out, but it would be easier to grasp if the message said something like :
"Bookmark 6 is associated with John 3:16. Would you like to overwrite with Matthew 14:22?"

----
Similarly, when I try to set a bookmark for a verse already bookmarked I get a different warning : "You already have a bookmark on 'Matthew 4:22' Would you like to add another one?"

This warning is the same whether you (1) try to reset the verse to the same bookmark number to which it is already assigned or (2) assign a different bookmark number with the current verse.

It would be easier to decipher if the warnings included what bookmark number is being referenced rather than generic RE bookmark number.

Hope that makes sense.

I'd still rather have an option to turn off these bookmark warnings as per viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7038. But if I must see them, I'd appreciate a bit more clarity.

This is a minor thing, but would make already-great theWord be even more useful. Thanks.