Allow global font substitution to user modules

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Allow global font substitution to user modules

Post by ErikJon »

Your module properties action/settings tab allows any font to be changed globally in a user module topic tree. Oftentimes I have wished that you could provide the same option for the topics themselves (i.e., the text inside the entire module, every topic.) This would be much easier for the user than selecting 100 topics individually, selecting all the text in each, and changing the font manually 100 times. If it is not too much trouble, please allow that option in a future revision of TheWord.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: Allow global font substitution to user modules

Post by JG »

I have discussed a similar request/pet peeve and it is just not feasible. The guide to formatting modules is a good guide that some choose to ignore, which is fair enough. So we get Times New Roman 12 point, which renders the same size as Tahoma 10 point. So when I choose to use my default font of Tahoma, rather than the font defined in the module I get an apparent 12 point....

So what I do is change the font and size by using this util. I would be careful if the module has images as they have been know to disappear. Not sure why this util is not on the site, unless I missed it. So here it is. Use with care. Keep backups.
twModUtils.7z
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 294 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Woa, Jon, that utility looks very handy. Thanks a million.
I assume that nobody has written out any instructions about how to use it, so I will just use test modules to see what happens. It looks like it changes fonts globally throughout any module, which is the main thing I wanted, indeed. Thanks so much.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Post by JG »

There aren't any instructions, or support with this util.
Yes, it is a global replace, that works most times.
Note that if the file is just an e-Sword import, that any verse refs will no longer work as popups and need to be properly detected from within theWord properties page.
Always keep a backup of the original file for when you discover later on that something is missing/wrong with the module.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Thanks for the help, brother.