Remove dotted underlining

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Remove dotted underlining

Post by ErikJon »

I don't mean to sound rude, but why do you offer dotted and dashed underlining instead of only solid underlining? Is it a cultural thing? The difference between one and the other is so minimal that it seems entirely unnecessary. It is tantamount to offering different thicknesses for the yellow marker highlighting, as it would also be unnecessary. We could use the extra screen space on the tool bar for more productive things, such as for additional highlight colors simultaneously displayed, to preclude the need for drop-down-and-select action every time. Even "double-underlining" seems more useful than 'single" although I never use double for anything either. At least the difference is more substantial.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
Jeff

Re: Remove dotted underlining

Post by Jeff »

ErikJon wrote:I don't mean to sound rude, but why do you offer dotted and dashed underlining instead of only solid underlining?
Isn't it the same idea as using different colors for highlighting?

Actually, all I'm seeing on my toolbar is the standard underline, I'm not sure why I'm missing it. (1480)
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
JG

Re: Remove dotted underlining

Post by JG »

Jeff, it is the Bible view markup that is under discussion.

ErikJon, thanks for your thoughts.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet