Word lookup dictionaries tab (addition)

Ideas and suggestions about new features
jonathangkoehn

Word lookup dictionaries tab (addition)

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Under the Word lookup dictionaries tab for the Bible view

There is a check box "If there is a Lemma for the word, use it instead (only for modules that support it)."

Could an option be added "If there is a Lemma for the word, use it in addition (only for modules that support it)."

The order of preference would be that the actual word has preference in the dictionary that has it but if a dictionary only has the Lemma entry then that would be used. (This is kind of like the Word click options)

Perhaps the Word click options could be added to the Word lookup dictionaries tab instead.

For example I have a user made dictionary that has almost every greek word in it that I use for grammar and a brief definition. This dictionary relies on the actual word. But I would like to use another user made dictionary for my vocabulary that only has lemmas.

This may have a limited user base so I'm not sure if it is worth the extra programming but thought I would put the idea out there.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2